website statistics

Sport Climbing 2019 Discussion Thread

JoshMartini007

2019 Lead & Speed European Championships (Edinburgh, Scotland, GBR)

women's Lead

Gold: :SLO Lucka Rakovec

Silver: :ITA Laura Rogora

Bronze: :FRA Luce Douady

Full Results:

https://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition/calendar#!comp=7992&cat=2

men's Lead

Gold: :CZE Adam Ondra

Silver: :ESP Alberto Ginès Lopez

Bronze: :SUI Sascha Lehmann

Full Results:

Coming Soon (in any case, they are available at the end of the competition in the full video (at about 1h06mins)...

Full Video of both Finals

I have mad respect for any who’s successful in the combined format. I’ve been training Boulder and belay in the same sessions for weeks, and I’ve marginally improved at either. If I specialized I feel like I’d be much better at Route (belay) Climbing. I just don’t have the strength for Boulder yet. 

These guys make it look so, so easy, but let me tell you; when you try the comp routes, you realize how impossible what they’re doing is.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

what you meant ? Súľov mountains ?

Yeah, whenever I see :SVK I feel the need to shout you out. Just be happy I was too lazy to make a :SLO joke today :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, whenever I see :SVK I feel the need to shout you out. Just be happy I was too lazy to make a :SLO joke today :d

This is in the north-west of the country near Žilina, sorry, I´ve never been there. I live in the east of the country

• 2 weeks later...