website statistics

Skateboarding 2019 Dicussion Thread

szy123

3 hours ago, phelps said:

5 Star International Skateboarding Open of Nanjing, Women's Final

Gold: :JPN Misugu Okamoto

Silver: :JPN Sakura Yosozumi

Bronze: :JPN Kisa Nakamura

The Full Results of the ISO Park of Nanjing are available in the result section of the WorldSkate website:

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category

Clever decision from 5th place Sky Brown to compete for :GBR , She was born in :JPN  her mother is Japanese but her father is British, If she had competed for :JPN she would not qualify for Tokyo.

15 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Clever decision from 5th place Sky Brown to compete for :GBR , She was born in :JPN  her mother is Japanese but her father is British, If she had competed for :JPN she would not qualify for Tokyo.

And, I could be wrong, but I believe she lives in California currently?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

She's a very LA dude,

Sorry,I mean dudess...

Dudette (that is the proper term for a girl). I’ve enjoyed listening to her interviews. Her family has done a good job of protecting her, and she’s very smart for age. I’m kind of envious she’s not representing the US. She’s said some awesome things about inspiring other girls.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

(Street Skateboarding) WorldSkate SLS Pro Tour, Stage #2 (Los Angeles, USA)

Women's Competition

Gold: :BRA Rayssa LEAL
Silver: :BRA Pamela ROSA
Bronze: :USA Alana SMITH

4th, :JPN Aori NISHIMURA
5th, :PHI Margielyn DIDAL
6th, :BRA Leticia BUFONI
7th, :USA Alexis SABLONE
8th, :JPN Yumeka ODA

Men's Competition

Gold: :JPN Yuto HORIGOME
Silver: :USA Maurio McCOY
Bronze: :FRA Vincent MILOU

4th, :BRA Giovanni VIANNA
5th, :BRA Carlos RIBEIRO
6th, :JPN Sora SHIRAI
7th, :BRA Kelvin HOEFLER
8th, :USA Nyjah HUSTON

Full Results, here:

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/572-los-angeles-2019-stop-2-results.html

@heywoodu this time :NED Candy Jacobs couldn't make the final...she was "only" 11th in the semifinal heat (top 8 advancing)...

however, this time there was more :NED Dutch girls reaching the semis of this week's event...Keet Oldenbeuving was 14th and Roos Zwetsloot was 16th (out of the 30 riders qualified for the semifinals)...

Edited by phelps

• 2 weeks later...

Lizzie Armanto competes for the :USA again? She is listed as an American in the results rom Vans Park Series Paris and I believe XGames too. :FIN Olympic hopes are gone? Or maybe it's just a mistake?

Edited by szy123

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Just now, szy123 said:

Lizzie Armanto competes for the :USA again? She is listed as an American in the results rom Vans Park Series Paris and I believe XGames too. :FIN Olympic hopes are gone? Or maybe it's just a mistake?

No X Games had her listed as :FIN. She is most definitely representing :FIN. Vans Park probably just doesn’t care enough to change the graphics.

8 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

No X Games had her listed as :FIN. She is most definitely representing :FIN. Vans Park probably just doesn’t care enough to change the graphics.

That was my first thought but they'd listed her as :FIN during earlier stops. But it probably is just a mistake if X Games listed her as Finnish.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

Just now, szy123 said:

That was my first thought but they'd listed her as :FIN during earlier stops. But it probably is just a mistake if X Games listed her as Finnish.

the official worldskate olympic qualification ranking (after the last update, 15 days ago) still has Armanto as Finnish (and she's 3rd in the ranking, too)...:evil: