6 :BRA Gabriela PEREIRA MAZETTO
7 :COL Jazmìn ÁLVAREZ
8 :CHN ZENG Wenhui
9 :AUS Katherine WILLIAMS
10 :SWE Emma LINDGREN
11 :THA Orapan TONGKONG
12 :BRA Isabelly ÁVILA DA SILVA

Women Open Qualifier Full Ranking

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/563-london-2019-stop-1-results.html?download=3438:london-2019-global-open-women-results

London 2019 - Ten riders made the cut to the Quarters

With the Men Open Qualifiers hold today at the BAYSIXTY6 skate park, the first phase of London stop came to the end.

Only 10 men over the 110 skating made the cut to the Quarter Finals and will skate in the Copper Box Arena next Saturday.

Sabatino Aracu, World Skate President: "We are really excited to see such a huge response by skaters and national teams attending the Open Qualifiers. Most at all, I'm proud to see that skateboarders from 4 continents made it to the following phases: from our point of view, it's one more proof that we are carrying out a win-to-win strategy. We are helping promoting skateboarding and we are successfully catching on with the youngest generation in countries where skateboarding was not mainstream until the Olympic inclusion".

men qualified to Quarter finals

1 :JPN Sora SHIRAI
2 :USA Alex MIDLER
3 :USA Jagger EATON
4 :CAN Andy ANDERSON
5 :POR Jorge SIMÕES
6 :RUS Egor KALDIKOV
7 :FRA Joseph GARBACCIO
8 :PER Angelo CARO NARVAEZ
:JPN Yukito AOKI
10 :FRA Benjamin GARCIA

Men Open Qualifier Full Ranking

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/563-london-2019-stop-1-results.html?download=3441:19-global-open-mens-results

Edited by phelps

3 hours ago, phelps said:

London 2019 - Ten riders made the cut to the Quarters

With the Men Open Qualifiers hold today at the BAYSIXTY6 skate park, the first phase of London stop came to the end.

Only 10 men over the 110 skating made the cut to the Quarter Finals and will skate in the Copper Box Arena next Saturday.

Sabatino Aracu, World Skate President: "We are really excited to see such a huge response by skaters and national teams attending the Open Qualifiers. Most at all, I'm proud to see that skateboarders from 4 continents made it to the following phases: from our point of view, it's one more proof that we are carrying out a win-to-win strategy. We are helping promoting skateboarding and we are successfully catching on with the youngest generation in countries where skateboarding was not mainstream until the Olympic inclusion".

men qualified to Quarter finals

1 :JPN Sora SHIRAI
2 :USA Alex MIDLER
3 :USA Jagger EATON
4 :CAN Andy ANDERSON
5 :POR Jorge SIMÕES
6 :RUS Egor KALDIKOV
7 :FRA Joseph GARBACCIO
8 :PER Angelo CARO NARVAEZ
:JPN Yukito AOKI
10 :FRA Benjamin GARCIA

Men Open Qualifier Full Ranking

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/563-london-2019-stop-1-results.html?download=3441:19-global-open-mens-results

I remember when jagger was just 9 competing at the X Games for the first time (in Big Air). That makes me feel old now, he’s accomplished much more than me in the same age and time period :wall:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That makes me feel old now

Lololol

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Lololol

At least I can’t remember when I used to have to listen to the Olympics on a radio because TV wasn’t a thing yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

London 2019: half-way to the end of WS/SLS Stop 1

With the men quarter final and the women semi final, we just reached the final phase of the first Olympic qualifying event of street skateboarding season #1.

The Japanese guy, Sora Shirai made the cut from the Open Qualifier to the Semi final.

In the women competition, the Brasilian Jhulia Mendes Leal, the youngest skater on the course, won a spot in the final: here we can see the true future of skateboarding.

We got a foretaste of what's to come tomorrow, with the quick cut ad thrust of the best tricks by Aori Nishimura and Leticia Bufoni: the two of them were in fact protagonist of a similar tit-for-tat in Rio during the 2018 World Championships.

and for the joy of @heywoodu, here are the 8 girls qualified to the Final (there's also a Dutch in it!)

1 :JPN Aori NISHIMURA
2 :AUS Hayley WILSON
3 :BRA Jhulia Rayssa MENDES LEAL
4 :BRA Pamela ROSA
5 :BRA Leticia BUFONI
6 :NED Candy JACOBS
7 :USA Alexis SABLONE
8 :JPN Funa NAKAYAMA

women's Semifinals Full Ranking

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/563-london-2019-stop-1-results.html?download=3447:london-2019-semi-final-women-resuls

meanwhile, for the joy of @hckosice, here is the men's Semifinal Heats start list (there's also :SVK Richard Tury among the top 30)

http://www.worldskate.org/component/phocadownload/category/562-world-skate-sls-world-tour-stop-1-program.html?download=3446:semi-final-men-heats

men's Quarterfinals Full Ranking

http://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/563-london-2019-stop-1-results.html?download=3445:london-2019-quarter-final-men-results

Edited by phelps

Dutch :yikes:

What kind of level is this? I have absolutely zero clue about skateboarding :lol: I do see Leticia Bufoni mentioned though and I've heard of her before :evil: so that's a good sign

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch :yikes:

What kind of level is this? I have absolutely zero clue about skateboarding :lol: I do see Leticia Bufoni mentioned though and I've heard of her before :evil: so that's a good sign

top of the top...all the best skateboarders were there...

this is the first (of very few) global events where to sum up big points for the Olympic Qualification...

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

top of the top...all the best skateboarders were there...

this is the first (of very few) global events where to sum up big points for the Olympic Qualification...

Cool :d 

Any idea if videos or something are available anywhere? And I'm guessing this is kind of a surprise :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Cool :d 

Any idea if videos or something are available anywhere? And I'm guessing this is kind of a surprise :p 

bottom of this post...;)

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/1410-skateboarding-2019-dicussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=210833