website statistics

Judo 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

IJF posted these news regarding Iran

https://www.ijf.org/news/show/historic-agreement-reached-by-ijf-and-iran

https://www.ijf.org/news/show/historic-breakthrough-iran-judo-to-end-boycott-against-israel

they call it a "historic agreement reached by IJF and Iran" !!! but if you read the letter they never say they are going to compete with Israeli athletes. actually they never officially said "We boycott Israeli athletes" they always make other excuses. that's an unwritten rule.

I wish that was true but unfortunately this is just misunderstanding from IJF. even Iranian media are surprised and confused by this, still no word from the Iran Judo Federation or the Iran NOC though regarding this letter but Mr Marius Vizer will be surprised next time Iran gets Israel and still boycotts the match. so I assume the suspension of our judo federation is going to happen soon. specially at this moment and current situation in Iran, nobody cares even if IOC suspends them from the Olympics.

PS: it also made few things more clear in Molaei's story. it seems IJF was involved in his decision not going to the Asian Championships. it seems they promised him somethings. I won't talk more about it since I'm not so sure.

50 minutes ago, MHSN said:

IJF posted these news regarding Iran

https://www.ijf.org/news/show/historic-agreement-reached-by-ijf-and-iran

https://www.ijf.org/news/show/historic-breakthrough-iran-judo-to-end-boycott-against-israel

they call it a "historic agreement reached by IJF and Iran" !!! but if you read the letter they never say they are going to compete with Israeli athletes. actually they never officially said "We boycott Israeli athletes" they always make other excuses. that's an unwritten rule.

I wish that was true but unfortunately this is just misunderstanding from IJF. even Iranian media are surprised and confused by this, still no word from the Iran Judo Federation or the Iran NOC though regarding this letter but Mr Marius Vizer will be surprised next time Iran gets Israel and still boycotts the match. so I assume the suspension of our judo federation is going to happen soon. specially at this moment and current situation in Iran, nobody cares even if IOC suspends them from the Olympics.

PS: it also made few things more clear in Molaei's story. it seems IJF was involved in his decision not going to the Asian Championships. it seems they promised him somethings. I won't talk more about it since I'm not so sure.

well, to me, it looks more a wishful thinking than a proper agreement...

basically the Iranian officials say that they are going to ask the Parliament to find a proper legal resolution, which means that at the moment nothing has been decided yet...and there's no guarantee that anything is going to change...

they hope...but we all hope (and I'm sure the Iranian athletes are on top of the list of those who hope) sooner or later this farce is going to end...

the problem is that nobody knows when it's going to happen (and it's not realistic to think that it will happen in a short time)...

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, to me, it looks more a wishful thinking than a proper agreement...

basically the Iranian officials say that they are going to ask the Parliament to find a proper legal resolution, which means that at the moment nothing has been decided yet...and there's no guarantee that anything is going to change...

they hope...but we all hope (and I'm sure the Iranian athletes are on top of the list of those who hope) sooner or later this farce is going to end...

the problem is that nobody knows when it's going to happen (and it's not realistic to think that it will happen in a short time)...

yeah but IJF made it a big news like they already achieved something. and from now on it will be impossible to simply ignore that (as they did so far)

and I have to say the letter is confusing but anybody who knows a thing about the politics in Iran knows that Parliament doesn't have the last word regarding these matters. (or anything important) and not facing Israeli athletes was never a "legal rule" ! ironically the man who signed that letter "Arash Miresmaeili" is the biggest victim of this.  if they really want to make a change, they know who to talk with and that's not the Parliament.

people probably didn't notice but Iran didn't participate in any World Cup or Grand Prix after what happened in Paris. (they only sent a team to the Asian Championships) and that's probably what they will do in next months/years. to lay low. lowering the risk of getting Israel in the draw.  maybe after couple years people forget this. and who cares if that jeopardizes the Olympic qualification and the whole Judo community in Iran in general. :cry: