website statistics

Judo 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

9 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i don't need to compete with western /euro /usa or whatever

just the continental events are satisfying , besides i practice the sport for myself not for the rest of world , i pefer highly the suspension without any discuss  :cool:

Damn you IJF. Forcing poor Algerians into World events. :spank:

27 minutes ago, NearPup said:

It’s kind of ridiculous that Israel and Palestine don’t compete.

It’s because the Western countries won’t accept Palestine and the Arab countries won’t accept Israel. Those in the middle decided it was better to have none than one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Great news. Excellent and I see everybody is happy now. time for Iran to completely shut down Judo in the country. this is a lost cause anyway. and I'm sure Mr Mollaei will be happy about this and his former teammates will appreciate his "bravery". I was thinking what if Miresamaeili would have did the same 15 years ago in Athens. what Mollaei was doing in 2019 if there was no Judo at all ? cleaning restaurants maybe. that's exactly what he brings for the possible next judo generations.

and btw this is not the first time. probably first time for an Olympic sport but it happened before in the Paralympics. Iran was banned something like 10-15 years in Goalball and 5 years in wheelchair basketball (from 2008 to 2013) for the same reason.

and if people think this is a good idea , then Iran should be banned from the whole thing because it's not something decided by the poor Judo Federation. that would be good actually. because then I have no reason to spend my time here in this forum.

thinking about it. I can start spending less time (or no time at all) in the forum from now.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

It’s kind of ridiculous that Israel and Palestine don’t compete.

Israel should never take part in these Games, but Palestine should be given a nod. Anyway, it's not that this is a super important competition, but it would still be nice for Palestine to be present in as many sport events as possible.

Edited by thiago_simoes