website statistics

Judo 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 2 months later...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So...the same colors as Karate now? I like the colors, but I’ll miss the yellow. I would have preferred an outer dark blue and an inner white myself 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like Slovakia may finally have a decent athlete in this sport in the future, the young Marius Fizel is showing some interesting and promising results in the Junior European Cup, He won back to back both stages last 2 weekends in Greece and Italy, winning all matches by ippon.

Fun fact, His Todays semifinal win after 53 seconds has become btw apparently also the fastest victory ever of a Slovak judoka at any international competition, well, there were not so many victories in our history.. but still :d

Now, yeah, I know, it´s only about juniors and I have absolutely no idea about the level of his opponents, so maybe too much hopes are a bit exacgerated, I really don´t know..but, still it´s really unusual to notice two gold medals won by one our athlete in a combat sport during two consecutive weekends.

On 12/03/2019 at 15:19, heywoodu said:

that's how it looks "for real" (p.s. I don't like it at all :finger::facepalm:)...

• 2 weeks later...