website statistics

Handball 2019 Discussion Thread

Wumo

wow. I know Asian teams didn't "shine" at the World Champs but they just gave only "one more quota" to Asia !! actually none. because AHF had 4 quotas in last few tournaments because of Qatar results (and being the host once)

and I can't believe 7 for Africa ?! (6 + host) I know Tunisia and Egypt are very good but what about the rest ?! we will have 5 more African teams ! :facepalm: I wonder if that wasn't just a mistake in that article. 6 for Asia and 4 (+ host) for Africa at least makes more sense. even though personally I think 5 is more fair for both continents.

and of course Australia will never finish in top 5. there will be one wild card.

even for Pan America it was stupid to limit the number of North American teams to just one (even if they can't qualify more) they could say top 5 teams with at least one team from each part.

IHF president is egyptian, no surprise.

America is unbalanced because outside ARG, BRA & CHI the rest of the southern nations are simply terrible. From the north Greenland and Cuba are very decent and clearly the 4th and 5th strongest teams in the region. And even if Cuba drops out like almost always, USA, MEX and DOM are still better than Uruguay or whoever is 4th in the south.

4 hours ago, sami-eg said:

Asia, Africa , Pam-America, and Europe get the same quota 4 . Africa get 2 more as Egypt and Tunisia finished in the top 12 in 2019 WCH and Pan-America get 1 more Quota as Brazil finished in the top 12 teams . 

oh that makes sense, I thought they changed that rule after expending the number of teams to 32. it seems they just modified it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

How many times has Veszprem made the Final 4 without winning it now?

Eight.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, bestmen said:

today  Vardar Macedonia won  : the euro Champions League 2019

CSoj.jpg

and of course the  goalkeeper is :ALG  :cool:

He is not first GK. First GK is :SRB  Dejan Milosavljev :p

Edited by dareza