website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

hace 10 minutos, Pabloffo said:

The Chilean federation is a shame, for a long time there are internal problems of different areas... The choice of the court was a tremendous mistake. I don't know why they had the stupid idea of hosting the matches in Iquique. 

Our players were extremely embarrassed by the situation, but... it's done :d what more can we do? :wall:

The Colombian fed is gonna complain about the referee but I don't see the point, tbh. Chile won, and won well (the shitty conditions played against both sides), but I don't blame Giraldo for giving up the pretense this wasn't a farce. Anyway, good luck in the playoffs.

12 hours ago, rybak said:

Muller wasted 3 match points in the final and lost to Karlovic in Newport :cry: He still wait for his first ATP title, today it was his the biggest chance to win, but... :(

Big chance against Ivo on grass? No :d

Great win against USA. Cilic now has a 6-0 record against Isner and Croatia has a 4-0 Davis Cup record against USA. I really couldn't see Coric beating Sock in his current form, but he proved me wrong.

Paolo Lorenzi became the oldest tennis player who won first maiden title, at 34 years and 7 months, he won the challenger ATP tournament in Kitzbuhel, after beating Nikoloz Basilashvili who was first ever Georgian player reaching final in any ATP tournament. In semifinal Lorenzi saved 13 match points(!) against Gerald Melzer and this match was the longest two set match in history of ATP tournament lasted 2 hours and 52 minutes.

Next week masters tournament in Toronto will be one of the weakest (if not the weakest ever). Original cut-off at this tournament was #43 and after tone of withdrawals last direct entrant have ranking #@89:facepalm:

Following players which was on original list as direct entrants and top alternates decided to not play here:

Murray, Andy
Federer, Roger    
Nadal, Rafael    
Gasquet, Richard    
Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried    
Ferrer, David    
Bautista Agut, Roberto
Simon, Gilles    
Lopez, Feliciano    
Kohlschreiber, Philipp    
Cuevas, Pablo    
Tipsarevic, Janko