website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wonder why you didn't include the current world champion Liu Tingting?

Because Liu Tingting has “only” 6.1 difficulty at this moment (Chinese Nationals) if she improved the difficulty she has a chance. Ou Yushan and Guan Chenchen are still juniors so they have time to improve their mental and they have a lot of difficulty so in my opinion Ou and Guan have more chances to beat Simone

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Doesn't her new floor element already exist for men? If that is the case, then why would it be named after her? I don't get why the same element for men and women would have two different names ...

In athletics for example why exist a world record for men and a world record for women if Usain Bolt already run 10.49? Exactly same thing is in gymnastics, men have different CoP than women. For example Amanar has 5.8 difficulty for women and 2 and 1/2 twisting yurchenko has 5.2 for men. Same vault different start value

19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Never heard of any of them (which is entirely on me), now I'm curious :d

China will probably be 1-2 at the Olympics, and I wouldn't rule out Eaker either (but I think she will ultimately not be chosen for the US team thanks to her severe lack of consistency). And we might as well see a surprising medalist too, especially from Russia or Romania. 

9 hours ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Jaeger, tkachev, pak, double tuck 1/1(she posted on instagram a part of her routine) for Larisa Iordache on uneven bars i think she will be at worlds so it’s a good thing for Romania

I see Romania as a coin toss for the Olympic qualification: 50-50 chance of qualifying a full team. I don't really think the current girls can do it, but deep down I hope they surprise me because the current juniors (who will turn senior next year) deserve to compete at the Olympics. Still, I predict uneven bars will be a disaster for Romania this year, so I hope Iordache helps the team as much as she can.

I believe :BEL :GER and :NED are direct competitors against :ROU for the final women's team quotas for the Olympics. :USA :RUS :CHN are already qualified and unless a disaster occurs :JPN :GBR :ITA :FRA :BRA :CAN should qualify easily. :AUS and :ARG could qualify too if they have a perfect day, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :HUN and :PRK are the dark horses.

Edited by thiago_simoes

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I see Romania as a coin toss for the Olympic qualification: 50-50 chance of qualifying a full team. I don't really think the current girls can do it, but deep down I hope they surprise me because the current juniors (who will turn senior next year) deserve to compete at the Olympics. Still, I predict uneven bars will be a disaster for Romania this year, so I hope Iordache helps the team as much as she can.

I believe :BEL :GER and :NED are direct competitors against :ROU for the final women's team quotas for the Olympics. :USA :RUS :CHN are already qualified and unless a disaster occurs :JPN :GBR :ITA :FRA :BRA :CAN should qualify easily. :AUS and :ARG could qualify too if they have a perfect day, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :HUN and :PRK are the dark horses.

Golgota has also an improvement on her floor. After Silivas she added a double arabian+front tuck. If she and Iordache hit the routine on uneven bars we really do have a chance. At Tokyo with Stanciulescu, Sfiringu, Golgota and Iordache in a good shape, Romania can hope at a medal in team event.

16 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Golgota has also an improvement on her floor. After Silivas she added a double arabian+front tuck. If she and Iordache hit the routine on uneven bars we really do have a chance. At Tokyo with Stanciulescu, Sfiringu, Golgota and Iordache in a good shape, Romania can hope at a medal in team event.

US and Russia will be untouchable in 2020. China is in a very comfortable position for a bronze medal, even with subpar floor routines and less than stellar vaults. But let's see where Romania gets if they qualify a full team. Nothing is impossible, especially with a pool of such talented gymnasts.

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

China will probably be 1-2 at the Olympics, and I wouldn't rule out Eaker either (but I think she will ultimately not be chosen for the US team thanks to her severe lack of consistency). And we might as well see a surprising medalist too, especially from Russia or Romania. 

You're forgetting the reigning Olymic champion :whistle: 

Who knows, weird stuff can happen again :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

You're forgetting the reigning Olymic champion :whistle: 

Who knows, weird stuff can happen again :d 

It will be hard for Sanne to be in the top 5. She has a routine with 6.1 difficulty but it’s true she can improve.

Just now, IoNuTzZ said:

It will be hard for Sanne to be in the top 5. She has a routine with 6.1 difficulty but it’s true she can improve.

And others can fall off again :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!