website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

4 hours ago, opruh said:

Biles is gonna sweep the gold medals in Tokyo.

I wouldn't count on it.

Unless we have terrible Games, with disaster after disaster from the Russians, Chinese and Derwael, there's absolutely no way she can take uneven bars gold. Her routine has lots of technical problems. Even though most judges turn a blind eye for her mistakes, I strongly believe this extra help won't be enough for her to challenge for the top spot. Beam is very unpredictable, but even with a difficult dismount, I can't see her taking balance beam gold either. She's not the most consistent on this apparatus and not the cleanest in execution. In fact, her new dismount is somewhat sloppy when it comes to execution, with up to 0.6 in deductions.

Team (if everyone performs well), all-around, vault and floor should be easy for her, though.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

I wouldn't count on it.

Unless we have terrible Games, with disaster after disaster from the Russians, Chinese and Derwael, there's absolutely no way she can take uneven bars gold. Her routine has lots of technical problems. Even though most judges turn a blind eye for her mistakes, I strongly believe this extra help won't be enough for her to challenge for the top spot. Beam is very unpredictable, but even with a difficult dismount, I can't see her taking balance beam gold either. She's not the most consistent on this apparatus and not the cleanest in execution. In fact, her new dismount is somewhat sloppy when it comes to execution, with up to 0.6 in deductions.

Team (if everyone performs well), all-around, vault and floor should be easy for her, though.

Now I'm kinda curious who you see as having a better chance at balance beam gold than Biles :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, IoNuTzZ said:

Ou Yushan(6.5 D), Guan Chenchen(6.7D) from China or Kara Eaker from USA(6.6D) 

Not after what I saw at the 2019 Pan American Games...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Not after what I saw at the 2019 Pan American Games...

At US National championship she fell on first day but then she nailed it in second day. I think Kara is like Iordache on a good day she can win. The mental is the problem

21 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Never heard of any of them (which is entirely on me), now I'm curious :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

She's going for 6 golds in Tokyo, it's hard to root for USA Gymnastics due to the Nassar scandal, but i sure hope she (and Mikulak who so deserves it) have huge games in tokyo

I am pretty confident she will lose at least one out of balance beam and uneven bars. Would be bad for gymnastics if she would win all golds.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Doesn't her new floor element already exist for men? If that is the case, then why would it be named after her? I don't get why the same element for men and women would have two different names ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, IoNuTzZ said:

I wonder why you didn't include the current world champion Liu Tingting?