website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Milos Paunovic, on vault. You can check the results here.

Really shocking. As gymnastics expert, correct me if i am wrong, but level of competition in vault wasnt on the highest level? I see other Serbian in 4th position, Jordan won gold... :dunno:

On the other hand, i see Berki, Ude, Bertoncelj... 

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Really shocking. As gymnastics expert, correct me if i am wrong, but level of competition in vault wasnt on the highest level? I see other Serbian in 4th position, Jordan won gold... :dunno:

On the other hand, i see Berki, Ude, Bertoncelj... 

Yes, you are right, but I'd say the level was still quite decent. Some of the World Cup events are not exactly stellar, but they're all official FIG events, so it's prestigious to earn a medal. Countries like Singapore, with medals at the Commonwealth Games, have never won a medal at the World Cup series, so this is still a big achievement for Paunovic.

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, you are right, but I'd say the level was still quite decent. Some of the World Cup events are not exactly stellar, but they're all official FIG events, so it's prestigious to earn a medal. Countries like Singapore, with medals at the Commonwealth Games, have never won a medal at the World Cup series, so this is still a big achievement for Paunovic.

Yes, Serbia is so bad in gymnastics that every medal outside some Balkan championships is stellar achievement. Pitty that he didnt continue with decent results. 

Actually, even in former Yugoslavia almost 100% of gymnasts at olympics were from Slovenia. Serbia just doesnt have any tradition in this beautiful sport. 

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yes, Serbia is so bad in gymnastics that every medal outside some Balkan championships is stellar achievement. Pitty that he didnt continue with decent results. 

Actually, even in former Yugoslavia almost 100% of gymnasts at olympics were from Slovenia. Serbia just doesnt have any tradition in this beautiful sport. 

Yes, it's all about Slovenia and Croatia. Slovenia was very unfairly treated by FIG, especially in 2007 when Pegan should have qualified to the Olympic Games, but the stupid rules didn't let him. 

At the World Championships, the only Serbian gymnast to win a medal was Tereza Kočiš, in 1950, but of course the medal was credited to Yugoslavia. After a quick research some time ago, I discovered that a website credited a medal for Serbia at the 1911 World Championships, but later I discovered that official FIG documents credit the medal as a medal for Yugoslavia. The nation did not even exist at the time, but FIG is so crazy they officially consider it did.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2019 at 12:37, ChandlerMne said:

this is actually not true, we had participation, especially on women's side