website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

From insidethegames.biz

"The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) Council has changed the format of the Artistic World Championships to make the event shorter. 

A qualifying system will be introduced to the Artistic Gymnastic World Championships, which will be based on results from continental championships and the Apparatus World Cup Series.

The number of participants in the men's competition will be limited to 208, while the women's will be capped at 201. This will allow a reduction in the overall duration of the World Championships to 11 days, compared to 15 at the 2018 event, with two training days and two competition days less. These changes will be enforced from 2022". 

The qualifying system is composed as follows:

From Men’s Artistic         Women’s Artistic

Continental

Championships     

24 teams
of 5 gymnasts
24 teams
of 5 gymnasts

Continental

Championships

40 gymnasts
in the individual
All-Around competition

49 gymnasts
in the individual
 All-Around competition

Apparatus
World Cup Series

48 gymnasts
(8 gymnasts
per apparatus)

32 gymnasts
(8 gymnasts
per apparatus)

Total

208 201

Edited by wumo26

I've updated my pet project about major medals earned by gymnasts from different nations in gymnastics. You can check it on Wikipedia here. I was finally able to find all of the results from all of the World Cup events in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics since 1983. It took me, like, 5 years, but it's finally done. I'm slowly updating the corresponding articles about the World Cup series with all of the results. The one about rhythmic gymnastics is complete, but I still have to upload some results for the artistic gymnastics one.

Probably the most surprising information about the World Cup series are medals for Serbia, Algeria, Panama, Syria, Jordan and Thailand. These are not countries you usually associate with gymnastics. Serbia, in special, is very nice to have on this list, since they earned a single bronze medal at the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in 2006, and I'm not quite sure people in the country know about it at all. 

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I've updated my pet project about major medals earned by gymnasts from different nations in gymnastics. You can check it on Wikipedia here. I was finally able to find all of the results from all of the World Cup events in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics since 1983. It took me, like, 5 years, but it's finally done. I'm slowly updating the corresponding articles about the World Cup series with all of the results. The one about rhythmic gymnastics is complete, but I still have to upload some results for the artistic gymnastics one.

Probably the most surprising information about the World Cup series are medals for Serbia, Algeria, Panama, Syria, Jordan and Thailand. These are not countries you usually associate with gymnastics. Serbia, in special, is very nice to have on this list, since they earned a single bronze medal at the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in 2006, and I'm not quite sure people in the country know about it at all. 

This is an huge and AMAZING work, thank for this :bowdown: :hatoff:

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

I am sorry to bother you again.Do you have the live results of the Gymnastics World Challenge Cup OSIJEK (CRO)?

Here's a link to the live results:

https://osijekgym.com/en/rezultati/

On 11/05/2019 at 13:23, thiago_simoes said:

Quite shocking info about Serbia.

Who was that medalist?