website statistics

Football 2019 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

16 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

With the finger i guess... That'a stupid, they should add a sort of tolerance, like 5cm

What if someone is 6cm offside and people start with 'yeah but that's only 1cm outside of what's allowed, come on.."?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10559897/arsenal-warned-clownish-mesut-ozil-china/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook161219&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1576486921

RECKLESS' 

China ban Ozil fan pages and remove Arsenal star from search results after ‘clownish’ comments on treatment of Muslims

The world's leading crybaby nation strikes again :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Nothing new from China, remember the circus around NBA after the infamous tweet about Hong Kong.

I was thinking about posting that the NBA and EPL now find themselves in similar situations. Disney is also about find itself in the same situation when they release “Mulan” (the live action remake that looks good, but that I won’t be seeing).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

in past few days (something like 2 weeks) one name made the headlines here everyday (no exaggeration here, I mean it), and that's an Italian coach Andrea Stramaccioni, he was coaching the 2nd most popular team of Tehran and Iran, Esteghlal (which happens to be my childhood favorite team :d) until he left his club few days ago.

because of good results and also his character he quickly became extremely popular between the fans but then exactly the same week he brought Esteghlal to the first place (after 6 years), he just left his club ! and that caused a national crisis here ! :facepalm:he left because his club can't pay him properly, money is not the issue, the issue is how to pay him because of the sanctions !

even after 2 weeks and they already played 3 matches without him (and his assistants ) and already lost 5 points. the club can't and won't hire another coach simply because they are afraid of their angry fans !

12 hours ago, MHSN said:

in past few days (something like 2 weeks) one name made the headlines here everyday (no exaggeration here, I mean it), and that's an Italian coach Andrea Stramaccioni, he was coaching the 2nd most popular team of Tehran and Iran, Esteghlal (which happens to be my childhood favorite team :d) until he left his club few days ago.

because of good results and also his character he quickly became extremely popular between the fans but then exactly the same week he brought Esteghlal to the first place (after 6 years), he just left his club ! and that caused a national crisis here ! :facepalm:he left because his club can't pay him properly, money is not the issue, the issue is how to pay him because of the sanctions !

even after 2 weeks and they already played 3 matches without him (and his assistants ) and already lost 5 points. the club can't and won't hire another coach simply because they are afraid of their angry fans !

If you want you can take Stramaccioni forever :p Honestly I don't like him, I remember his awful work with the Udinese few years ago...

Edited by Gianlu33

12 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

If you want you can take Stramaccioni forever :p Honestly I don't like him, I remember his awful work with the Udinese few years ago...

:d as Inter fan I also remember him very well and first he signed with Esteghlal I told my friends this is not a good signing, but he turned out to be very successful. (after a very poor start) even though it's not about just results, his team was playing good and fans also liked him as a person. and I'm sure you know, the level of football is different, an average coach in Italy is considered a great coach here :d and he is young for a coach and it seems he is improving.