website statistics

Football 2019 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Young Donyell Malen made his impressive national team debut a while ago, where he gave the Netherlands the advantage against the Germans. Yesterday he was pretty impressive again: in PSV's league match against Vitesse he scored the 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 (final result) :bowdown: 

Something Romario and Ronaldo never did while playing for PSV :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@MHSN Reza Ghoochannejhad being the hero of my 'local' top division team (PEC Zwolle) today, making 4 out of the 6 goals :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@MHSN Reza Ghoochannejhad being the hero of my 'local' top division team (PEC Zwolle) today, making 4 out of the 6 goals :p 

yeah that was in the news, apparently this is the first time for an Iranian player scoring 4 goals in a match in one of the European leagues. btw he is kind of Dutch, Netherlands is his "home" he lives almost his whole life there.

aside from his long name, the interesting thing about him is he is also a hero here. he scored the goal which qualified Iran to the 2014 World Cup. he will be always remembered because of this goal

Just now, MHSN said:

yeah that was in the news, apparently this is the first time for an Iranian player scoring 4 goals in a match in one of the European leagues. btw he is kind of Dutch, Netherlands is his "home" he lives almost his whole life there.

aside from his long name, the interesting thing about him is he is also a hero here. he scored the goal which qualified Iran to the 2014 World Cup. he will be always remembered because of this goal

I can promise you that made the (football) news here as well :d 

Fans of Persija Jakarta (the league's defending champion) had to take a new approach with banners which surprisingly works. While the usual ultras or supporting banners failed to help the team to win, banners which criticize the team or the coach are frowned upon by the team officials. And the fans decided to use...

image.png

(This house is for sale, call 081281886025)

image.png

(Deadline of Land Tax Payment: 16 September 2019, Kindly pay your tax ASAP)

image.png

(I don't have to explain this herbal ad...)

image.png

(Yellow banner: Wrong way driving means playing with death)

And they won yesterday, first win in 5 last matches

Someone was on fire :d 

HmCmfEL.png

On 15/09/2019 at 11:45, heywoodu said:

Young Donyell Malen made his impressive national team debut a while ago, where he gave the Netherlands the advantage against the Germans. Yesterday he was pretty impressive again: in PSV's league match against Vitesse he scored the 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 (final result) :bowdown: 

Something Romario and Ronaldo never did while playing for PSV :d 

It's really one thing I like here, football matches have always (or most of the time) plenty of goals!  Saturday I went for first time to see Ajax and it was really cool :D

51 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

It's really one thing I like here, football matches have always (or most of the time) plenty of goals!  Saturday I went for first time to see Ajax and it was really cool :D

This weekend was extreme: 46 goals, an average of a little over 5 per match :d  Last time there were more in one round of playing was in 1983/84 :p 

Netherlands and Algeria in the group, how fun :d