website statistics

Fencing 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

• 1 month later...

I was looking at the FIE Channel today because I was bored, and I found myself.

61CEB12F-925A-49D7-82E4-067D8466C89F.jpeg

There I am hard at work filming the match on the piste next door. :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A sad day for Mexican fencing, but a happy one for Uzbekistan

According to Mexican press, Paola Pliego will start competing for Uzbekistan, thanks to a direct invitation from Usmanov himself.

I will root for her always, cause she's the best senior fencer this country has produced, and in return, she got falsely accused from doping in a personal vendetta of the crook that runs fencing in Mexico.

On 03/07/2019 at 02:23, mrv86 said:

A sad day for Mexican fencing, but a happy one for Uzbekistan

According to Mexican press, Paola Pliego will start competing for Uzbekistan, thanks to a direct invitation from Usmanov himself.

I will root for her always, cause she's the best senior fencer this country has produced, and in return, she got falsely accused from doping in a personal vendetta of the crook that runs fencing in Mexico.

A sad day for Mexico but also a sad day for all the sport moviment... This is one of the biggest shame of the sport modern era :(

• 4 months later...

Just a few days after two world cups in Cairo where for the n-th time they weren't able to stream anything and you had to pray to get results on the same day...I thought the World Championships in China with barely any results available and the broadcast being one hour delayed on a malfunctioning website would be the lower they could reach, but the FIE never cease to amaze us.