website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

13 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

If you are a sprinter you can't win too much general classification (unless if it isn't the Tour of Norway or other race like that)

Hey Peter Sagan won the Tour of California one year, and that race included 2 mountain stages and an individual time trial 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Peter Sagan isn't a pure sprinter ;)

That’s true, but it was still unexpected and awesome :thumbup:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Remco Evenepoel achieved his first pro victory this week. I'm surprised that @heywoodu isn't hyperventilating yet. :p

I know I'm not a fan, but it's not so bad that I'm hyperventilating when he wins :p 

It's incredibly impressive though, just like his time trial a day later.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, dcro said:

You guys should cheer for Algeria btw. If they stay within Top 50, then Burkina Faso gets to go to the Olympics. :evil:

So... Reguigi. :clap::cheer:

Excellent 4th place today. Making up literally 0 seconds to Zaccanti and Perry, but sure, maybe tomorrow he can have a 10km non-stop sprint and gain a minute :p 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-korea/2019/stage-4

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Belgians are having a good week overall, Wout van Aert is riding an epic Dauphiné so far with a win, 2nd place in a time trial and immediately afterwards a second win.

I meant hyperventilating in terms of hyping. :p

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

I meant hyperventilating in terms of hyping. :p

Well to be fair, based on his qualities he is absolutely worthy of a huge hype :p 

• 3 weeks later...

František Sisr won the Czech and Slovak national championships ahead of Tomáš Kalojiros and Petr Vakoč all at the same time. The first Slovak crossing the finish line was the older of the Sagan bros Juraj in 6th place at the same time as the winner in the 6 riders leading group

:CZE

1. František Sisr (Czech special jersey)

2. Tomáš Kalojiros

3. Petr Vakoč

:SVK

1. Juraj Sagan (Slovak special jersey)

2. Erik Baška  +1:31

3. Patrik Tybor +1:33