website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

Giro in Hungary. In particular, I must go there, that he travels through such pretty lands :banana:. And right after that driveway to Etna, I'm in heaven :bounce:. Stage 20 looking at the profile itself will be one big slaughterhouse and the legs will burn with pain!!

Three individual time trials by the way (although only one of them is not a short one). That last week is going to be brutal again.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

RIP Tour of California :(

It was always fun to watch a handful of world class riders fight with a whole bunch of local heroes while being ready to sleep. Tradition, if you will.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

RIP Tour of California :(

It was always fun to watch a handful of world class riders fight with a whole bunch of local heroes while being ready to sleep. Tradition, if you will.

Saddest news I’ve seen all week :cry:. It was a yearly tradition of mine. It’s one of only a few cycling races I religiously. I have great childhood memories of watching races, of meeting the riders. It’s a shame that other kids won’t be able to do those things. 
Money ruins everything. Nothing has ever improved with money. Shit day to be a sports journalist in the US. I just get more and more tired of this country by the day. I really hope my generation brings change in the next few years.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

One of the all-time greats has passed away, aged 83. Raymond Poulidor finished on the Tour de France podium eight (!) times, without ever winning it or even wearing the leader's jersey. His biggest wins include the Vuelta a España, Milan - San Remo and the Fleche Wallone, he also finished second once and third three times at the world championships. Poulidor also was the grandfather of David and Mathieu van der Poel.

https://www.lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2019/11/13/l-ancien-champion-cycliste-raymond-poulidor-est-mort_6018967_3382.html

@hckosice Guess who won two stages in the almighty Tour of Senegal?! :bowdown: 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/jan-andrej-cully

Edited by heywoodu