website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

And even Samoilau is enjoying his retirement package. :p

A retiring rookie, in the eyes of Davide Rebellin :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Highlights from this mornings opening half stage 1a of the Okolo Slovenska 2019. Alexander Kristoff won infront of Morkov, Viviani and Baška.

This afternoon was schediuled the 2nd part of the 1st stage. Stage 1b the short Individual Time Trial in Bardejov won by Stefan Kueng ahead of Yves Lampaerts and Bob Jungels, Highlights to come later

Stage races where they have a road race and time trial on the same day (as stage Xa and stage Xb) are way too rare in my opinion. I like it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Stage races where they have a road race and time trial on the same day (as stage Xa and stage Xb) are way too rare in my opinion. I like it.

I want to see a road race stage done as an elimination stage. Race 200km and eliminate the last rider to cross at each km. Or I just want an insanely long stage, like 300km followed by a 50km time trial the next day, and then a 25km Mountain stage the next day, and then a good ole’ sprint stage to finish it off.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I want to see a road race stage done as an elimination stage. Race 200km and eliminate the last rider to cross at each km. Or I just want an insanely long stage, like 300km followed by a 50km time trial the next day, and then a 25km Mountain stage the next day, and then a good ole’ sprint stage to finish it off.

Or just go back to the good old time when 300km was just an average stage and you'd have to cross 400km to even call it an especially long stage :p 

Also: no more mechanics and riders have to fix their own problems and have an inner tube carried around their necks for 8 hours on the bike just in case.

The 1b stage highlights ITT in Bardejov

The photogallery and full results from the stages are here just scroll down

1a  https://www.cycling-info.sk/spravodajstvo/cyklistika-slovensko/8207-okolo-slovenska-na-konci-sa-padalo-vitazom-prvej-etapy-sa-stal-kristoff-baska-stvrty

1b https://www.cycling-info.sk/spravodajstvo/cyklistika-slovensko/8208-okolo-slovenska-kung-vyhral-casovku-po-uprave-vysledkov-je-lidrom-baska-deviaty

btw really impressive performances from Erik Baška so far, including a top 10 in ITT

073.jpg

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Also: no more mechanics and riders have to fix their own problems and have an inner tube carried around their necks for 8 hours on the bike just in case.

Sagan’s done it before. It would honestly make the race more exciting for better of worse. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sagan’s done it before. It would honestly make the race more exciting for better of worse. 

It would actually not. Not much exciting about differences of 10+ minutes between positions in the GC.