website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

Roompot, the team for young Dutch talents', is there as well. They're coming with such up-and-coming riders as Boy van Poppel (31 years old), Lars Boom (33) and Pieter Weening (38) :)'

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Nairo Quintana officially signed for Arkea-Samsic he´ll be accompanied by his brother Dayer, another Colombian Winner Anacona and italian Diego Rosa

And Gilbert goes back to Lotto-Soudal, Lennard Kämna goes from semi-German Sunweb to really German BORA, Masnada is going to CCC, Dan Martin to Israel Cycling Academy (wtf?), Benoot to Sunweb, Villella and Cataldo go together to Movistar, Formolo and Richeze come to UAE and Vincenzo Nibali to Trek.

Weirdest of all though, which for me is in the same WTF-level as Quintana going to Arkea, is Viviani going to Cofidis :dunno: 

And Alaphilippe going to St Michel-Auber 93 :yikes:

Spoiler

Bryan Alaphilippe, that is :p 

http://www.cyclingfever.com/transfers.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And there goes Carapaz.

8 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Sadly Zhoupa announced yesteday his retirement from sport at only 29 years old. He was a very nice cyclist but in the last years he was in some Continental team. This will me a big miss for me :(

To be fair, it's not like he was ever anywhere near World Tour level...I watch way too much cycling and I only know him because he was the lone Albanian in the peloton :p 

I'm guessing he grew to speak some excellent Italian while riding for those teams like Wilier Trestina?

Just now, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it's not like he was ever anywhere near World Tour level...I watch way too much cycling and I only know him because he was the lone Albanian in the peloton :p 

I'm guessing he grew to speak some excellent Italian while riding for those teams like Wilier Trestina?

He is an italian-based rider, he starts to do cycling in Emilia, the home of Italian cycling. I think that it's for this

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

He is an italian-based rider, he starts to do cycling in Emilia, the home of Italian cycling. I think that it's for this

That explains why he was always riding for those small Italian teams then :p 

Just now, hckosice said:

Carapaz will not compete in GB because he didn't get visa. :facepalm:

I guess he's growing even more unhappy now about his dumb idea to go to the Netherlands for some free money without letting his team know (who surely would have said no, so short before the Vuelta).