website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

Dumoulin's move to Jumbo-Visma has finally been made official and been announced now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Campenaerts is going to the place where careers go to die.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Dumoulin's move to Jumbo-Visma has finally been made official and been announced now.

Next year's tour will be so interesting. Really hope Jumbo is at full power then. No more gravel in Tom's knee, Van Aert fully recovered, everyone fit. They could finally legitimately challenge Ineos.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Team NTT? They use the "african team" brend for years for try to be more attrattive and they switch on the japanese market :lol:

Yeah the whole 'Africa's Team' gimmick has been bullshit for years, sadly :p 

It's a shame, really, there are plenty of very talented Eritrean and even Ethiopian, Kenyan and Rwandan riders who'd have a good place in a team like that. Luckily other teams are picking them up nowadays too.

47 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Next year's tour will be so interesting. Really hope Jumbo is at full power then. No more gravel in Tom's knee, Van Aert fully recovered, everyone fit. They could finally legitimately challenge Ineos.

I'm mostly curious how it'll work to have Dumoulin and Roglic, two potential TdF GC winners, in the same team....kinda sad for Kruijswijk, I like him more than Dumoulin but this way his chances seem pretty much done :p 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm mostly curious how it'll work to have Dumoulin and Roglic, two potential TdF GC winners, in the same team....kinda sad for Kruijswijk, I like him more than Dumoulin but this way his chances seem pretty much done :p 

Well when Dumoulin shits himself going up Alp’d’Huez, so Kruijswijk will get his chance again :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well when Dumoulin shits himself going up Alp’d’Huez, so Kruijswijk will get his chance again :p

The problem is that I doubt they'll all three start in the same grand tour :p