website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

This sprint, come on people :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Il Piccolo Lombardia race was terrible for the young Dutchman.

19-year-old Development Team Sunweb cyclist at the exit from Madonna del Ghisallo collided with a car that unexpectedly entered the route of the ongoing race. He suffered many fractures, but his life is not in danger.

Today, the Sunweb team gave further information at the request of the cyclist's family. Unfortunately they are not good. Maas has a broken spine and is paralyzed. The young Dutchman has no feeling in their legs and unfortunately it is unlikely to change.

A very dangerous situation occurred during the Sunday Belcar Endurance Championships. Tom Boonen suffered a serious accident.

Until now, Belgian could be happy with his new adventure, because it turned out that he feels almost as well in the car as on a bicycle, and on Saturday, during the Benelux Supercar Challenge he achieved his first victory. Unfortunately, yesterday he had less reason to be happy - he not only took part in the accident, but also was close to a very serious injury, because the car of Kenneth Hayer - one of his rivals passed his head by only a few centimeters.

"I overtook Kenneth and he wanted a quick revenge, but he made a slight mistake and hit me as a result. There was an accident that could prove very tragic. His car literally landed on mine, just 10 meters from my head. I was very lucky."

36 minutes ago, bestmen said:

19th Grand Prix Chantal Biya 2019 :CMR 

who said we have Reguigui only, :ALG  :champion:@hckosice silver @heywoodu bronze

the rest of ranking

p_1389g3f1l1.jpg

Congratulations, the great Lagab Azzedine won the legendary Grand Prix Chantal Biya. Arjan Hofman, one of the all-time greats of Dutch cycling, has been put in his place.

Spoiler

Cool to see a low-level amateur like Hofman there, only last month he was racing and finished 5th in the small race in my town :p

https://www.knwu.nl/profiel/fbfb46dc5b7a6edc7b064e8f97d78874

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Congratulations, the great Lagab Azzedine won the legendary Grand Prix Chantal Biya. Arjan Hofman, one of the all-time greats of Dutch cycling, has been put in his place.

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

David van Eerd ,cycling

First careers Giro d´Italia (including the first 3 stages few km from :SVK borders) confirmed :)

he also said he´ll still also race the TdF and is envisaging the Olympics road race 6 days later (rumors saying both Sagan bros will form our 2 mans Tokyo squad)

Oh boy, the Giro is going to be in Hungary close to Slovakia? Isn't that the area where there's a bit of....trouble? :p I'm always confused about this thing.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh boy, the Giro is going to be in Hungary close to Slovakia? Isn't that the area where there's a bit of....trouble? :p I'm always confused about this thing.

Nah, this is just some ultra nationalistic crap of some morons on both sides easily manipulated and stimulated by stupid politicians, normal peoples don´t give two shits about things that happened more than a freaking century ago anymore...