website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

20 hours ago, Crolympic said:

We are officially qualified in men's RS:X. One more quota for Croatia, we have 50 athletes in Rio for now.

Though, our depth in sailing is a bit worrying. Out of 8 athletes that have qualified, 7 of them competed in 2012 and 5 of them competed in 2008. It could change to 8 and 6 if Kljaković-Gašpić wins internal selection over Vujasinović.

Also, if we just look at our 2nd best crews in all classes we would probably qualify only in Laser and Finn... In other classes the 2nd best crews are either too weak or non-existent.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

Though, our depth in sailing is a bit worrying. Out of 8 athletes that have qualified, 7 of them competed in 2012 and 5 of them competed in 2008. It could change to 8 and 6 if Kljaković-Gašpić wins internal selection over Vujasinović.

Also, if we just look at our 2nd best crews in all classes we would probably qualify only in Laser and Finn...

I see that we have most athletes competing in laser and finn, while in other classes we have small number of competitors. I think that our federation should form some crews in other classes for Tokyo 2020. For example, only one sailor in laser can compete at olympics, and we have 5 decent sailors in that discipline. Maybe some of them could compete in other discipline. I don't know how hard is for sailor to change sailing class, but I don't think that is mission impossible

Edited by Crolympic

7 hours ago, prso1000 said:

HBS is sending 5 boxers and 1 female to the European OGQ in Turkey. Names not announced yet.

I don't really expect any quota there. Men's heavyweight category might be the best chance, but unlikely.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

I don't really expect any quota there. Men's heavyweight category might be the best chance, but unlikely.

Neither do I. Maybe the lady. I think it is Anamarija Marsic, she was 3rd at ECH.

I don't even know who the five guys could be. I guess Komadina will be there, maybe Plantic, Babić or Calic,  Zeljko?  No clue.

Edited by prso1000

21 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Our team is known now:

Komadina 60kg

Pijetraj 64kg

Zeljko 69kg

Plantic 75kg

Babić 91 kg 

Ok, so only tiny chance in 60kg and 75kg. But it will be hard, especially since middleweight is the most "popular" category.

I guess that Pijetraj is the son of coach Pijetraj? That might explain his selection. :lol:

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ok, so only tiny chance in 60kg and 75kg. But it will be hard, especially since middleweight is the most "popular" category.

I guess that Pijetraj is the son of coach Pijetraj? That might explain his selection. :lol:

Yes it is his son. He won the croatian championship recently. That justifis it, but of course I don't know if it was fair fight.

I personally think our best chance is in 91kg.

Edited by prso1000

Our wiightlifting team for European Championships in Norway

Amar Music

Ensar Music

Ivan Biocic

Silvio Bijelic

Georgije Bogojevic

Ante Vukovic

Adam Mesaros

Tea Sojat

Mihaela Kruljac

Quite numerous team... Our coach Bosko Cavka said that we might have a chance to achieve one quota for Rio. I hope that we cane make it, but Idon't think that we have god enough team to do so.