website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

On 20.3.2016 at 3:08 PM, dcro said:

And there is also an outside chance in fencing (foil). We have a couple of fencers that are actually not bad at all. But it is going to be an uphill battle for them.

There is only one place at the european qualification tournament left (foil). i think that is not even an outsider chance, that would be a miracle.

Edited by prso1000

3rd place (trap) for Giovanni Cernogoraz at World Cup in Nicosia. He was 6th in the qualification, 20th place for Josip and only 61st for Anton Glasinovic.

This weekend we have Judo Grand Prix in Georgia which could be very important for Kumric and Miskovic, also Djakovic and Sutalo are there.  I dont know what is going on with Barbara Matic (injury?) and Maranic. Maranic has still a small theoretical chance to qualify.

Sailing in Mallorca is starting on Saturday. Croatia still has a chance for 2 additonal quotas (RSX men and 49er woman)

Also the outdoor season in athletics starts slowly. Halfmarathon championship in Cardiff with Daniel Daly, which is his first start for Croatia, he will try to reach the entry standard in marathon, he is missing 2 minutes now.  We have Croatian winter championship in Pula (400-3000m), altough i dont expect anything there. Also in the USA the college outdoor season is starting and it will be interesting seeing Flip Mihaljevic in discus (and shot put of course) and Valentina Muzaric in shot put over the next few weeks.

Anton Loncar (swimming) is competing at the NCAA Chmapionship in USA, but no chance for quota as the competion is in yards. But could be good indication.

3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

3rd place (trap) for Giovanni Cernogoraz at World Cup in Nicosia. He was 6th in the qualification, 20th place for Josip and only 61st for Anton Glasinovic.

This weekend we have Judo Grand Prix in Georgia which could be very important for Kumric and Miskovic, also Djakovic and Sutalo are there.  I dont know what is going on with Barbara Matic (injury?) and Maranic. Maranic has still a small theoretical chance to qualify.

Sailing in Mallorca is starting on Saturday. Croatia still has a chance for 2 additonal quotas (RSX men and 49er woman)

Also the outdoor season in athletics starts slowly. Halfmarathon championship in Cardiff with Daniel Daly, which is his first start for Croatia, he will try to reach the entry standard in marathon, he is missing 2 minutes now.  We have Croatian winter championship in Pula (400-3000m), altough i dont expect anything there. Also in the USA the college outdoor season is starting and it will be interesting seeing Flip Mihaljevic in discus (and shot put of course) and Valentina Muzaric in shot put over the next few weeks.

Anton Loncar (swimming) is competing at the NCAA Chmapionship in USA, but no chance for quota as the competion is in yards. But could be good indication.

I've read somewhere that people from our judo federation claimed that Matić has secured qualification. Though, I really don't know how can they be so sure about that...

As for sailing, it will be a disaster if we don't qualify in men's RS:X. Looks like we are going against :SWE:TUR:CZE:SVK:LAT for 2 available quotas. Couldn't be any easier than that. Good news came last week to our women's 49er FX crew as our main opponent Ireland qualified on reallocation because there was no African crew. Looking at the results of the last year's World Championships, Ninčević/Dujmović are now the best European crew which is not qualified so far. Finland will probably be our main competition.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Miskovic lost in 2nd round of Judo Grand Prix Tournament in Georgia.

We should also mention that she led the whole match and literally lost 5 seconds before the end. I really don't think she has any realistic chance now.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

We should also mention that she led the whole match and literally lost 5 seconds before the end. I really don't think she has any realistic chance now.

Well, I don't know how many big tournaments are until the end of the qualification period, but definitely her chances are not good.

58 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Well, I don't know how many big tournaments are until the end of the qualification period, but definitely her chances are not good.

In total 4 tournaments left. Next week grand prix in turkey

There are european championship end of April, one grand slam in may and one more grand prix. There is also a masters end of may but only for top 8 per category. So still enough chances but I guess she will have to win one or be two times in the final.