website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

I think in tennis we have very good chances if krajan and majoli move from they places

Men's singles-                                                    Marin Ćilić-rank-3

Borna Čorić-rank-28

Women's singles-

Petra Martić-rank-35

Dona Vekić-rank-55

Ana Konjuh-rank-87(because of injury-her top was 20 rank)

Jana Fett-rank-109

Men's doubles-

Mate Pavić-rank-3

Ivan Dodig-rank-10

Nikola Mektić-rank-31

Mixed doubles-

Dodig/Pavić-Jurak

I think we could easy have 10 players in tokyo if something change in our federation..I'm very positive about it because everybode are young players and very talanted

IAAF published provisional rankings (test phase until September). We have following athletes in the top 100 in their disciplines:

1. Sandra Perkovic DT

2. Sara Kolak JT

5. Stipe Zunic SP

22. Ana Simic HJ

29. Filip Mihaljevic SP

33. Ivana Renic 50km W

37. Filip Mihaljevic DT

40. Ivan Horvat PV

52. Martin Maric DT

56. Paola Borovic TJ

57. Roland Varga DT

57. Martin Markovic DT

57. Matija Greguric HT

75. Nedzad Mulabegovic SP 

78. Marija Tolj DT

80. Anamari Kozulj HT

81. Dino Pervan LJ

91. Mateo Ruzic 400m

92. Ivana Loncarek 110H

99. Marino Bloudek 800m

99. Alen Melon HJ

I guess for Qualification to Olympics or WCH you will need to be among top 30 in field disciplines, among top 48 in sprint etc, of course max 3 athletes per nation. It was something similar in London last year

On 03. 04. 2018. at 18:51, prso1000 said:

IAAF published provisional rankings (test phase until September). We have following athletes in the top 100 in their disciplines:

1. Sandra Perkovic DT

2. Sara Kolak JT

5. Stipe Zunic SP

22. Ana Simic HJ

29. Filip Mihaljevic SP

33. Ivana Renic 50km W

37. Filip Mihaljevic DT

40. Ivan Horvat PV

52. Martin Maric DT

56. Paola Borovic TJ

57. Roland Varga DT

57. Martin Markovic DT

57. Matija Greguric HT

75. Nedzad Mulabegovic SP 

78. Marija Tolj DT

80. Anamari Kozulj HT

81. Dino Pervan LJ

91. Mateo Ruzic 400m

92. Ivana Loncarek 110H

99. Marino Bloudek 800m

99. Alen Melon HJ

I guess for Qualification to Olympics or WCH you will need to be among top 30 in field disciplines, among top 48 in sprint etc, of course max 3 athletes per nation. It was something similar in London last year

So ho you count on for tokyo..it will be awesome to write rankings after max.of 3 per nocs if you know what I mean

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Rafoo:

Which competitions will be qualyifng for tokyo this year?

Most important ones for us are sailing and shooting world championships 

plus us all the sports where you collect points for rankings as judo, taekwando and karate

Edited by prso1000

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Most important ones for us are sailing and shooting world championships 

plus us all the sports where you collect points for rankings as judo, taekwando and karate

Only top 4 on ranking in karate..wow...who you count on...i think only kvesic and hasani are safe..can you tell me who are your candidates?

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

Only top 4 on ranking in karate..wow...who you count on...i think only kvesic and hasani are safe..can you tell me who are your candidates?

i don think there is anyone safe, to be in the top 4 of olympic categories it is going to be very tough. Currently both are not in the top 4, actually far away from that. 

I think the kvesic  brothers are currently around ranking 20 when you add both categories together, same for hassani when you add two categories in female. 

If we qualify one athlete in karate I would be already very happy. 

but still long way to go, I think the ranking will change as so far some people were focusing on championship more than ranking. 

Karate qualification period starts in July 2018

otherwise this year 

• road cycling and box freestyle qualification period starts in October and November. Although currently in road cycling does not look very good for us, probably only one quota. in Bmx freestyle will be very tough, as only 8 places and clear preference for nations with many competitors. 
  • U21 Football team, qualification and European championship 
  • basketball: qualification tournaments both men and women, probably both out 
  • gymnastics: World Cup series starts in November 2018, world championship 2018 not relevant for us as we don't have a chance to qualify a team
  • judo qualification period starts in may 
  • Sailing: world championship in August
  • Shooting : WCH in September 
  • Taekwaondo: started already in 2016, the main events this year are:European President Cup and European Championship in April/May, and then the GrandPrix Series starting in June and Grand Slam in December. Those are the events where you can collect the most points for the ranking. Looking at the current olympic ranking we have one female (Kristina Tomic) in Top 5. Few others just below or very close to the top 5: Nikita Glasnovic, Matea Jelic  Lovre Brecic and Toni Kanaet. Iva Rados and Vedran Golec still with some chances, maybe Bruna Vuletic.
  • Triathlon starts in May, but I don't think we have a chance

I did not take into account sports where we don't have a chance and where the qualification system is not published yet.