Croatia National Thread

dcro

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

New sports among rio:

Badminton-Đurinjak 64 ranking

Archery-Mihalić 48 ranking

Fencing-86 ranking

Any else?

Fencing is almost impossible as the qualification system prefers teams which we don’t have

archery: ranking normally does not matter, the results of 3 completions will decide

badminton: yes he would in right now but it is still far away from qualification period which will probably start only mid 2019

new sports in comparison to rio maybe could be canoe sprint and slalom, hopefully karate and sport climbing and finally equestrian again. 

and of course football, we have a great generation but let’s see. 

At the same time we could lose some sports. Basketball is seriously in danger, maybe diving and weightlifting as well

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

Yes,Borna Čujić world champion in sport climbing

Really? Great. I've never followed this sport, was looking at the rankings some time ago and didn't see anyone of ours there.

Women's water polo team was qualified in 2016 as well, but they were without a chance. I think they lost all five games with a goal difference of -80 or something like that. But it would be nice If they would qualify for Euro tournaments regularly from now on.

On 15. 02. 2018. at 21:59, Rafoo said:

Yeah now I see Marin Ranes...some newspeapers said that he is 6.favourite in tokyo

He was 16th at the Worlds last year (despite falling in one of the rounds). However, at World Series few days before that he finished in front of Logan Martin, the World champion.

The only problem is that there are only 8 Olympic spots per gender if I remember correctly. Still, he should have a good chance.

#banbestmen