website statistics

Men's Tennis Davis Cup 2019

Totallympics

hace 45 minutos, LDOG dijo:

Why is Spain using Feliciano López when they have Bautista-Agut and Carreño? Are both injured or they just want to make it harder for Nadal :p

The official version is that Carreño is injured, but it seems the captain was not very happy with the 3rd set played by Carreño yesterday, so he decided to select an experimented player as Feliciano. It has not been a very good idea. Anyway, I did not expect to win that point.

18 hours ago, dcro said:

Can this event still be called Davis Cup though?

Officially, yeah...but that's about it. This travesty sucks, but congratulations to the two teams in the final.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:ESP 2-0 :CAN

:ESP Roberto Bautista 2-0 (7-6, 6-3) Félix Auger-Aliassime :CAN

:ESP Rafael Nadal 2-0 (6-3, 7-6) Denis Shapovalov :CAN

I don't know if it is because of the format or because the final has only lasted 4 sets, but I have not celebrated this victory as much as I did the previous 4 times Spain won the Davis Cup...

Anyway, Nadal is simply incredible, but today, the star of the team has been Roberto. His father died 5 days ago and this game was very emotional for him.

In my view the previous format was way more exciting but we reached a point where the top players didn't give a shit anymore. 

With this format and the increased $$$ prizes, only Zverev and Medvedev among the top players pulled out for non injury reasons.  

In my opinion the top priority should always be to ensure the top athletes participate. If we have to adopt a worse format to achieve it, then it's a needed sacrifice. 

Edited by LDOG