website statistics

Boxing 2019 Discussion Thread

mihamiha

Seemed to me Joshua sort of had it under control, until he knocked Ruiz down without knocking him out....Ruiz was pissed :lol: And from then on, basically unstoppable :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so if I understand correctly thanks this one win this guy won all belts ? this sounds like a rather stupid rule, no ? :p

Not all the belts, Deontay Wilder still owns the WBC one. Not a very stupid rule in my opinion, actually rather easy to follow: you beat the champion, you get the title* :d Joshua had 4 belts, Ruiz beat him, so Ruiz took his belts.

*apart from stuff like people giving up titles due to moving to other weights, or doping problems and so on

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Big words from Wilder.

The conspiracy people have risen to say, that it was all one big fix. Joshua nothing like his previous matches, didn't use much of his strong right hand, being too friendly with Ruiz after match. The mexican market is one of the biggest for boxing, with millions on hand, especially now with a heavyweight champion. If the big money match with Wilder wasn't going to happen, then why not take another root for the bucks. 

For me, it was nice to see that Joshua was finally humiliated. :d

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Gafur Rakhimov formally resigns as AIBA president, he is goingt to focus on clearing his name https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1082125/rakhimov-resigns-as-aiba-president

Maybe Mexico has a suitable replacement in store.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaquín_"El_Chapo"_Guzmán

• 5 weeks later...