website statistics

Boxing 2019 Discussion Thread

mihamiha

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

do you think is this shocking?

it's just another day at the office for AIBA members, their accolades and those "survivors" playing their (dirty) games around the world of boxing...

p.s. by the way, French Boxing officials don't even have the word "honesty" in their vocabulary and I'm also not sure they know what the sport of Boxing is about...

and mr. Virgets is as corrupted as his "friends", just reading his words about those bouts he says he saw and couldn't find any sign of manipulation...:facepalm::wall:

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Corrupception, when you're trying to literally and publicly buy your way out of corruption troubles :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, dcro said:

basically, he's saying that if they let him do whatever he wants (giving 14/15 gold medals away to Russia and ask for money to other Nations to get the minor medals), he's gonna pay - with other people's money - AIBA's enormous debt...

I'm still asking myself if he's just an idiot or if he's really so arrogant to really believe in what he's doing...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. however, after reading that the chairman of the IOC enquiry over Boxing is UWW's president himself, mr. Nenad Lalovic, I have no doubt that AIBA will stay in charge of any boxing operation now and in the next future, especially if under Russian control (ask our friend @MHSN for any reference about UWW and their people's regular administration of both the sport and the business questions)...

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

basically, he's saying that if they let him do whatever he wants (giving 14/15 gold medals away to Russia and ask for money to other Nations to get the minor medals), he's gonna pay - with other people's money - AIBA's enormous debt...

I'm still asking myself if he's just an idiot or if he's really so arrogant to really believe in what he's doing...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. however, after reading that the chairman of the IOC enquiry over Boxing is UWW's president himself, mr. Nenad Lalovic, I have no doubt that AIBA will stay in charge of any boxing operation now and in the next future, especially if under Russian control (ask our friend @MHSN for any reference about UWW and their people's regular administration of both the sport and the business questions)...

To be fair,UWW is now well organised and successful organisation,probably even financially,unlike FILA before Lalovic. Not that i say Lalovic is only factor in revival but as a president he transformed FILA into modern organisation. I follow wrestling since 1992 and i remember all presidents and their style.

PS. I dont know much about inside informations. Corruption could still be present. But final consumer,sport fan,should definitelly note many differences before and after Lalovic.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Yeah I smiled when I read Lalovic's name. they need someone to investigate into UWW lol

I have to admit Lalovic is an upgrade comparing to Martinetti and Ercegan before him. but still UWW is far from being clean. as a wrestling fan I still just don't trust the referees, but it's not just about Lalovic, I think he is better than other people around him in UWW, we had lots of controversies in officiating in 2016 Olympics (I post a report about certain corrupt referees) but at least UWW under Lalovic took actions (even if that was just a show off) and banned some of those refs right in middle of the Games.

and btw Lalovic has good relationships with Russia in wrestling, I wonder if it makes a difference in this case or not.

Our top heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev is being sued for sexual assault, after kissing a reporter at an interview, after his first win on US soil. 

Real US gold digger situation here. This girl was posting close pictures with Pulev all week before the fight, which now are mysteriously deleted. Stupid act by Pulev either way, maybe ignorance, not knowing the overblown MeToo situation in America.