website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Real talk, Racine Carrée is one of the greatest albums of all-time. That’s also coming from a non-French speaker, so you know it must be good.

Let's agree to disagree. Wouldn't even make my top 100 from the 10s :p 

But you know... Taste ;)

Just now, Agger said:

Let's agree to disagree. Wouldn't even make my top 100 from the 10s :p 

But you know... Taste ;)

Why not? I’m just genuinely curious, especially since we have somewhat similar taste.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Why not? I’m just genuinely curious, especially since we have somewhat similar taste.

I'm really not into house music.

Only very little electro-pop manages to get my attention.

I got bloody tired of Papaoutai when it was a hit.

4 minutes ago, Agger said:

I'm really not into house music.

Only very little electro-pop manages to get my attention.

I got bloody tired of Papaoutai when it was a hit.

Ah, I like a little bit of house here and then. However, I judge songs/albums by a multitude of factors. For me, his album has the best content, voice, and diversity. Carmen might be favorite song of all-time, but I also quite like Formidable.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, I like a little bit of house here and then. However, I judge songs/albums by a multitude of factors. For me, his album has the best content, voice, and diversity. Carmen might be favorite song of all-time, but I also quite like Formidable.

Carmen is beautiful... Oh wait, still Stromae? 

That song really shows why I don't enjoy the electronic. It simply feels like noise in my ears.

Formidable is decent  but still nowhere near any top list for me.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Carmen is beautiful... Oh wait, still Stromae? 

That song really shows why I don't enjoy the electronic. It simply feels like noise in my ears.

Formidable is decent  but still nowhere near any top list for me.

That’s the idea. It’s annoying, it’s loud, it’s clattering, it’s clout, it’s social media, it’s Twitter; it’s art :d. That’s the true genius of his music. I like that he took a traditional song known for “showing the discord of a relationship”, and used it to describe the modern discourse. 

I also love Carmen by the way. One of my absolute favorite beats and classical songs.

Formidable is again beautiful because of the lyrics, tone, and voice. Stormae is a very unique powerful, yet soft voice that really conveys subtle emotion well (at least in my opinion). The lyrics of the song a very “real” for many people, and most can’t relate to parts of it. Also the play on words using “Wonderful” (Formidable) as a way to describe divorce, domestic violence, and family issues is simply brilliant.

This is all my opinion of course, and I think you’re too 10 was pretty top :yes

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s the idea. It’s annoying, it’s loud, it’s clattering, it’s clout, it’s social media, it’s Twitter; it’s art :d. That’s the true genius of his music. I like that he took a traditional song known for “showing the discord of a relationship”, and used it to describe the modern discourse. 

I also love Carmen by the way. One of my absolute favorite beats and classical songs.

Formidable is again beautiful because of the lyrics, tone, and voice. Stormae is a very unique powerful, yet soft voice that really conveys subtle emotion well (at least in my opinion). The lyrics of the song a very “real” for many people, and most can’t relate to parts of it. Also the play on words using “Wonderful” (Formidable) as a way to describe divorce, domestic violence, and family issues is simply brilliant.

This is all my opinion of course, and I think you’re too 10 was pretty top :yes

I just don't get why you would take a wonderful peace of opera and ruin it just to prove a point?

Sure there's some symbolism in it, but to me the very first thing is whether I even want to listen to it and only few things make me put away a song faster than disturbing electronic beats.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

I just don't get why you would take a wonderful peace of opera and ruin it just to prove a point?

Sure there's some symbolism in it, but to me the very first thing is whether I even want to listen to it and only few things make me put away a song faster than disturbing electronic beats.

Just a difference of artist viewpoint (taste?) here. I quite like it as a “rebel” piece of art, but I could see how people who love Carmen would hate it. I think it’s genius, but I also understand that it “ruins” or “misuses” the original source material.

All this discussion about "Carmen" has made me think. What are your favourite piece/s of classical music? 

I have a long list of pieces of classical music I love. I will probably make a top 12 or maybe a top 20 one day. But as it is almost New Year's Eve here in Denmark, why not end the year with a piece of music many people here in Denmark associate with New Year.

5 minutes ago, Wumo said:

All this discussion about "Carmen" has made me think. What are your favourite piece/s of classical music? 

I have a long list of pieces of classical music I love. I will probably make a top 12 or maybe a top 20 one day. But as it is almost New Year's Eve here in Denmark, why not end the year with a piece of music many people here in Denmark associate with New Year.

The only classical music that really makes me think of New Year's Eve is the Champagnergalop though an der schöner blauer Donau is of course a part of the New Years concert in Vienna (alongside the Radetzky March which makes me think of other things ;)  - hope you understand, though you're not from Aarhus :p )

If we're stretching "classical music", I'm personally very fond of our own Carl Nielsen and especially the Helios Ouverture.