website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

48 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Damn @Wumo, you just found one of my long listed songs for TISC Annual 2020. I didn't think you would have heard this song by Inhaler.

I discovered it via a Danish music website. One of the editors had chosen it as his "hit of the week". I hadn't heard about the band before they were recommended on the site. I find it a bit weird I have never heard about a band who's front singer is one of Bono's sons. I'm glad I now know the band. :) 

Edited by Wumo

7 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I discovered it via a Danish music website. One of the editors had chosen it as his "hit of the week". I hadn't heard about the band before they were recommended on the site. I find it a bit weird I have never heard about a band who's front singer is one of Bono's sons. I'm glad I now know the band. :) 

They are still an up and coming with not much prominence yet. Even in Ireland they are not really known that much yet. And yes, Bono's son, Elijah Hewson is the lead singer. You can really hear the influence of U2 in that song, it has a very nostalgic sound for me :)

53 minutes ago, Quasit said:

@Wumo

Cool. For now it appears our lists will share 3 nations. I'm on 12 entries but there's some time left, I'm not completely satisfied yet. :d

What's your means of finding music? Spotify?

There are still three days left of the year. Should be enough time to select 12 songs. 

I don't use Spotify. I mostly use Youtube and a Danish music website, http://www.chartbase.dk/.

I find my metal music on Youtube combined with music news websites. I mainly use the Danish music website to discover new Danish music for TAISC. :d The Danish website is also a good source to discover new artists from the electronic and indie-rock/pop scene.

On a side note. @Agger I already have a list of 40 songs for the Danish selection for TAISC 2020. I hope you have a lot of spare time in the spring? :p

12 minutes ago, Wumo said:

There are still three days left of the year. Should be enough time to select 12 songs. 

I don't use Spotify. I mostly use Youtube and a Danish music website, http://www.chartbase.dk/.

I find my metal music on Youtube combined with music news websites. I mainly use the Danish music website to discover new Danish music for TAISC. :d The Danish website is also a good source to discover new artists from the electronic and indie-rock/pop scene.

On a side note. @Agger I already have a list of 40 songs for the Danish selection for TAISC 2020. I hope you have a lot of spare time in the spring? :p

What I meant was, I might find a bit more than just the 12 selections I've got. Sometimes it pays to wait as well, for 2016 (which there's no list of yet), I've got something released on 29th December. :d

Ah, aside from YouTube, I'm clicking my way through Discogs. Once in a while you may stumble upon something obscure and interesting.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

19 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Haven't made a list, but I guess I could quickly make a 20 songs list :p

On 26/12/2019 at 12:06, Quasit said:

@Wumo I can already tell you my 2019 Golden Raspberry Award for the worst piece I've heard so far goes to Venezuela. :p

Is it bad that I don’t actually hate this? The only issue I see with it is that it continuously blows out my speakers.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela