website statistics

Basketball 2019 Discussion Thread

Yannakis

8 minutes ago, George_D said:

Serbia relegated in 2nd division for first time. What happened? I don't think Serbia can be so bad in 16 teams even with their worst ever team

Bad team.They were first!!! in group (they beat finalist Israel) and after that Great Britain beat them in 1/16. Yeah, Great Britain....

2021 FIBA Americas qualifying:

• Group A: Argentina,  Chile, Colombia, Venezuela.
  • Group B:  Brasil,  Panamá,  Paraguay,  Uruguay.
  • Group C:  Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, US Virgin Islands.
  • Group D: United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas.

The top 12 teams will qualify. The bottom 4 teams will play the Division B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On September 18-22, Uruguay will host the NBA G-League International Challenge, featuring six teams: NBA G-League Alll Stars, Uruguay All Stars, Bayern Munich (Germany), Flamengo (Brazil), Capitanes (México) and San Lorenzo (Argentina).

The following is a discussion based on unconfirmed information and rumors. Please be advised.

So, apparently some/a Lithuanian Basketball official has stated that FIBA are actively working on phasing 5x5 Basketball out of the Olympics by 2028. The rumor comes from a source shared to Reddit Olympics. I looked at the original post and the source didn’t seem super reputable. However, I also know that sometimes the craziest rumors can be true. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

You can just see the guy's face go all "Wooow wow no way!!" :lol: 

What a bitch (the ref I mean, obviously).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!