website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

Just now, wumo26 said:

Can't you send a link to the article? 

Sorry there is no link to this article. This article is forwarded by my friend to me with no link to it. My friend has asked me to clarity and explain the content of the article above but I am not able to do so.

2 minutes ago, up and down said:

Sorry there is no link to this article. This article is forwarded by my friend to me with no link to it. My friend has asked me to clarity and explain the content of the article above but I am not able to do so.

We have a Chinese user here on the forum. 

I will tag him. He can maybe translate it . 

@Function CR Lee Could you translate this?:

5 minutes ago, up and down said:

The mandarin article as included below.

Untitled1.png

Just now, wumo26 said:

We have a Chinese user here on the forum. 

I will tag him. He can maybe translate it . 

@Function CR Lee Could you translate this?:

It was mentioned in the article about how Mia is being rejected by the Danish national team after the rest of the other players enter the national team. Anyway how is Boe and Mogensen case? They are both not a part of the national team yet right?

20 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

To clarify, Yonex says Bo Jensen has tampered with one our their document, but Badminton Denmark denies that. 

"The accusations are unfounded, since the working document that is the subject of the accusations correctly describe Yonex Japan's perception on how players, sponsored by Yonex, can be used by Badminton Denmark in our marketing," says René Toft, chairman of Badminton Denmark. 

I do remember that conflict. It was solved and they agreed on a mutual agreement. 

Where have you read that? Link?

I read she is still on the national team for the Mixed European Championship. 

This is where I read this: http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-02-14-blichfeldt-er-overrasket-over-hvordan-hun-er-blevet-behandlet. It's in Danish, but google translate should do the work. 

It's the same with our national football team. Many players nowadays have many personal sponsorship deals with bigger companies, who wants the players exclusively for them self. This conflicts with the association who also expects to have exclusive marketing rights of the players when they are part of the national team. Because many of the players only uses Badminton Denmark's facilities, coaches, doctors etc... when training, Badminton Denmark expect them to do more marketing for their sponsors. 

Viktor Axelsen almost never train in Denmark because he is such a big name in China. Most of his sponsorship deals and training facilities are there, but somehow, Badminton Denmark has an personal agreement with him that allow them to use him in their marketing. 

It's quite confusing to be honest, and I don't fully understand why it's was so difficult to find a mutual agreement between the players and Badminton Denmark. 

This is getting very interesting now. So Danish badminton said the document is not tampered with? They deny it? How come?

Edited by up and down

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

It was mentioned in the article about how Mia is being rejected by the Danish national team after the rest of the other players enter the national team. Anyway how is Boe and Mogensen case? They are both not a part of the national team yet right?

From the Danish article Mia Blichfeldt says she has felt like she has been looked upon differently by some of the players after the conflict was solved. So it's more about her personal relation to some of the players on the nation team than the national team rejecting her to be part of the team.

Boe is no longer part of the national team. He decided to step out of the elite program in Denmark, and instead, train in India, where he is closer to his Indian girlfriend.

Mogensen has been offered a new partner, but has rejected Badminton Denmark offer. So I guess both are out at the moment, but they both hope Badminton Denmark will select them for the WCH later this year. 

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

From the Danish article Mia Blichfeldt says she has felt like she has been looked upon differently by some of the players after the conflict was solved. So it's more about her personal relation to some of the players on the nation team than the national team rejecting her to be part of the team.

Boe is no longer part of the national team. He decided to step out of the elite program in Denmark, and instead, train in India, where he is closer to his Indian girlfriend.

Mogensen has been offered a new partner, but has rejected Badminton Denmark offer. So I guess both are out at the moment, but they both hope Badminton Denmark will select them for the WCH later this year. 

So such sad development indeed right?

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

So you found the Danish article about Mia? Any link to that Danish article?

2 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Actually I pity Danish players a lot because so much of drama inside the association itself hampering the players progress. I still remember the proud moment of Anders Antonsen defeating Kento Momota in the finals. Then after he won there is no coach and no one near to him so he just turn to the crowd. Such sad feeling for a player to win a Super Series MS title but no coach with him.

7 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

But then funny thing here is why Boe did not want to train together with Mogensen? What is hindering them to train together in Denmark?