website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

Reasons for Tai Tzu Ying decision to retire after Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

1. I am not a tall player like those China WS. I am a short player.

2. As a short player I tend to need to run more to cover the court and need to run fast for court coverage,

3. Hence I tend to get injured very fast and it is not a good sign.

4. Injuries along the way while playing badminton has leave me with no choice but to retire from playing at a young age.

Of course I will miss Tai Tzu Ying a lot. But one thing for sure short players are always at a disadvantage when they play because they need to move and run faster to cover the court hence of course they will be very prone to injury.

On 06/04/2019 at 15:16, Dolby said:

World Number 1 Tai Tzu Ying has decided to retire after 2020 Olympics. :yikes:

But she hasn't really decided on it yet :clap:

https://olympics.bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2019/04/08/tai-undecided-on-retirement-post-tokyo-2020/

Perhaps Intanon's message to her changed her mind...

• 2 weeks later...

tomorrow the African Championships 2019 :NGR  THE SITE

Participating countries:

Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Congo, Congo DRC, Eritrea, Egypt Ghana , Ivory Coast. ,; Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and the host country, Nigeria.

Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Congo, Congo DRC, Eritrea, Egypt Ghana and Ivory Coast. Other participating countries include; Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and the host country, Nigeria.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/badminton-18-countries-for-africa-senior-championships/

52 minutes ago, bestmen said:

ok , will they collect points during this event ?

Points collected in this event won't count towards Tokyo Qualification. Ranking published on April 30 2020 will be the basis for Tokyo Qualification. So, only events after April 29 2019 would count. 

35 minutes ago, bestmen said:

for what reason they organize this event before 30 april then 

they are stupid 

Only 1 continental championships can count towards world rankings. Next years event will count.