website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

Just now, up and down said:

Why this sudden decision?

She says it's a combination of lack of motivation, and that she and Kamilla Rytter Juhl became parents on January 5th.

- I need to be able to feel a spark inside my stomach when I go to training. It is difficult without it when I have been used to have it for many years and felt that I could always provide my absolute best. I have not been on top of my game lately, says Christinna Pedersen.

- After Molly (her daughter) has appeared, things have of course changed, and Kamilla and I have talked much about this new situation. It wasn't what was supposed to stop my badminton career.

- But everything put together makes me feel like a miss the last motivation to play. 

@wumo26

So both Christinna and Kamilla no more playing badminton? Both wanted to retire from playing forever?

They will play together in the Danish badminton league, but they will not play international tournaments or be part of the national team.

So no more World Tour, WCH or Olympics.

@wumo26

So Mathias is without a XD partner? How is he going to play his XD matches?

Yes he is. Badminton Denmark is looking for a new partner for Mathias, so the plan is to find a new partner for Mathias and to qualify for Tokyo. 

Just now, wumo26 said:

She says it's a combination of lack of motivation, and that she and Kamilla Rytter Juhl became parents on January 5th.

- I need to be able to feel a spark inside my stomach when I go to training. It is difficult without it when I have been used to have it for many years and felt that I could always provide my absolute best. I have not been on top of my game lately, says Christinna Pedersen.

- After Molly (her daughter) has appeared, things have of course changed, and Kamilla and I have talked much about this new situation. It wasn't what was supposed to stop my badminton career.

- But everything put together makes me feel like a miss the last motivation to play. 

They will play together in the Danish badminton league, but they will not play international tournaments or be part of the national team.

So no more World Tour, WCH or Olympics.

Yes he is. Badminton Denmark is looking for a new partner for Mathias, so the plan is to find a new partner for Mathias and to qualify for Tokyo. 

Who will be Mathias new XD partner? Any idea?

Who will be Mathias new XD partner? Any idea?

I haven't heard anything officially. Sara Thygesen is our best female doubles player, but she plays with Nohr. Sara also doesn't have the experience like Christinna, and Mathias probably needs someone with international experience, which will be difficult to find. 

Just now, wumo26 said:

I haven't heard anything officially. Sara Thygesen is our best female doubles player, but she plays with Nohr. Sara also doesn't have the experience like Christinna, and Mathias probably needs someone with international experience, which will be difficult to find. 

I head that it is very lacking of woman players in Denmark right?

I head that it is very lacking of woman players in Denmark right?

Yes, the pool of talents in Danish women's badminton is not big. 

@wumo26

Did you watch the All England 2019 matches yesterday? What attracted you most? What is so special about the All England 2019 finals?

I haven't watch all of the games yet. It was a crowded sports day for me yesterday. I have seen Victor's match against Kento. He played very well, but he did make some mistakes which will cost against the world's number 1.  Though he played his best tournament in a long time, so I'm positive towards the upcoming WCH, if he can avoid any injuries of course. 

A match I'm looking forward to watch from yesterday's finals is the Men's Doubles. By what I have read, it was an impressive victory for Ahsan/Setiawan, especially because of Setiawan's injury. 

I can comment on this year's finals, as I have written, but All-England is always something special because of its long history. All-England is badminton's equivalent of Wimbledon in Tennis. 

Just now, wumo26 said:

Yes, the pool of talents in Danish women's badminton is not big. 

I haven't watch all of the games yet. It was a crowded sports day for me yesterday. I have seen Victor's match against Kento. He played very well, but he did make some mistakes which will cost against the world's number 1.  Though he played his best tournament in a long time, so I'm positive towards the upcoming WCH, if he can avoid any injuries of course. 

A match I'm looking forward to watch from yesterday's finals is the Men's Doubles. By what I have read, it was an impressive victory for Ahsan/Setiawan, especially because of Setiawan's injury. 

I can comment on this year's finals, as I have written, but All-England is always something special because of its long history. All-England is badminton's equivalent of Wimbledon in Tennis. 

Did you somehow realized that there is an odd one out player in the finals with not seeded and no ranking?

Did you somehow realized that there is an odd one out player in the finals with not seeded and no ranking?

What do you mean?

@wumo26

I guess it will be very difficult to find a XD partner for Mathias right? So few female players to choose from right?

Yes it will. I'm now also worried about our chances in XD...