web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Griff88

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

New development in the Danish badmonton conflict.

Denmark's highest ranked female player, Mia Blichfeldt, has chosen to sign an individual agreement with Badminton Denmark.

- I have chosen to accept the contract because I think it is a fair deal and I feel it follows my values and what is right for me right now, says Mia Blichfeldt.

 

On Monday, linked offers were sent out to the best Danish badminton players in the hope of resolving the conflict that has been going on between players and Badminton Denmark in recent months.

- I followed my heart and what was right for me. I do not want to interfere with what everyone else thinks. It has been very important to me that I have made this decision for myself and have not thought about what others will do or think, says Mia Blichfeldt.

But even if it is only one player who has accepted Badminton Denmark's offer, it annoys the player, Jan Ø. Jørgensen.

- We're dissapointed, I won't hide that. It is her own decision, and that is what she has chosen. But personally I am disappointed, he says and gets support from another player, Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

- We are of course sad that Mia has chosen not to stand with us as a collective group, but we have a clear impression that she is quite alone with her views. We just have to respect that. But we are extremely disappointed about her decision. Mia has been honest throughout the process that she has been in doubt, so I'm not suprised, says Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

 

On Monday, Badminton Denmark's leader, Bo Jensen, stated that the content of the individual offers was exactly the same, so the other players are also familiar with the agreement Mia Blichfeldt has signed.

- I do not personally think that this is a very good deal she has taken. I can only say that it stands for her own expense and that it is her decision. But as a collective group, we are very disappointed about her decision, says Jan Ø. Jørgensen.

 

Mia Blichfeldt herself has no comments on whether she was considering declining the offer, but says that she knew that not everyone agreed with her decision.

- People have different opinions about the conflict, but I think the most important thing was that I could see myself in the mirror. 

Mia Blichfeldt does understand the reactions her decision has enduced.

 

Jan Ø. Jørgensen and Hans-Kristian Vittinghus have both informed that they will continue to work hard to land a joint agreement with Badminton Denmark for all players.

 

 

Edited by wumo26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2019 at 02:34, wumo26 said:

New development in the Danish badmonton conflict.

Denmark's highest ranked female player, Mia Blichfeldt, has chosen to sign an individual agreement with Badminton Denmark.

- I have chosen to accept the contract because I think it is a fair deal and I feel it follows my values and what is right for me right now, says Mia Blichfeldt.

 

On Monday, linked offers were sent out to the best Danish badminton players in the hope of resolving the conflict that has been going on between players and Badminton Denmark in recent months.

- I followed my heart and what was right for me. I do not want to interfere with what everyone else thinks. It has been very important to me that I have made this decision for myself and have not thought about what others will do or think, says Mia Blichfeldt.

But even if it is only one player who has accepted Badminton Denmark's offer, it annoys the player, Jan Ø. Jørgensen.

- We're dissapointed, I won't hide that. It is her own decision, and that is what she has chosen. But personally I am disappointed, he says and gets support from another player, Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

- We are of course sad that Mia has chosen not to stand with us as a collective group, but we have a clear impression that she is quite alone with her views. We just have to respect that. But we are extremely disappointed about her decision. Mia has been honest throughout the process that she has been in doubt, so I'm not suprised, says Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

 

On Monday, Badminton Denmark's leader, Bo Jensen, stated that the content of the individual offers was exactly the same, so the other players are also familiar with the agreement Mia Blichfeldt has signed.

- I do not personally think that this is a very good deal she has taken. I can only say that it stands for her own expense and that it is her decision. But as a collective group, we are very disappointed about her decision, says Jan Ø. Jørgensen.

 

Mia Blichfeldt herself has no comments on whether she was considering declining the offer, but says that she knew that not everyone agreed with her decision.

- People have different opinions about the conflict, but I think the most important thing was that I could see myself in the mirror. 

Mia Blichfeldt does understand the reactions her decision has enduced.

 

Jan Ø. Jørgensen and Hans-Kristian Vittinghus have both informed that they will continue to work hard to land a joint agreement with Badminton Denmark for all players.

 

 

This is getting out of control...

 

I thought only Asian federations would do this. Denmark is hosting EMTC 2019 and this means they might not even grab the title in front of their home crowd. I hope they will finally settle.

Edited by Griff88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saga continues. @Griff88, I know you are interested in this conflict, so here is a new chapter to the ongoing saga. 

 

January 25th can become a landmark date for Danish badminton.

This is the ultimate deadline that Badminton Denmark has given the players to sign the individual agreements if they will be part of the elite program until 1st of July 2019, explains the leader of Badminton Denmark, Bo Jensen.

- Does that mean you are out of the elite program forever? We have not decided on that yet, but what we have said is that if you have not returned positively before 25th of January, we consider it a rejection of the offer which we have presented, and then you are not included in our plans, Bo Jensen explains. 

During the summer of 2019, Badminton Denmark will review the future plans for the elite program, as it takes place every year, explains Bo Jensen.

 

The offer sent to the players is no longer negotiable.

- We have been discussing for two years, more than two years in fact, and we feel that we have now reached a point where some clarification must be taken, says Bo Jensen.

- Much of what we have presented is, in many areas, a continuation of existing practice. We have also accommodated the players in several areas, so it is relatively simple to relate to.

 

If the players do not put their signature on the agreements that Badminton Denmark has offered, it could affect Danish badminton in the short term.

- It is logical that if the current players, collectively or a majority of them, do not accept the offer, then it is the second best players who get the offer to enter the elite center. In the beginning, of course they will be at an internationally lower level, but all experience shows that we have a history of developing players to an international level in a relatively short time. So it may well be that in a year's time we will see Danish players internationally at a slightly lower level than we have been used to for the past many years. But we have developed world champions before, and we will do so in the future, Bo Jensen says. 

 

Badminton Denmark has aligned with Team Denmark, which every year sends millions to the elite program, that the international level of Danish Badminton could take a dive in the coming years. 

- Of course, we have an ongoing dialogue with Team Denmark on the consequences for our entire elite program, but Team Denmark is 100% behind Badminton Denmark's position. If it gets a direct impact on the support in the future, I can't say yet, adds Bo Jensen.

 

Edited by wumo26
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

The saga continues. @Griff88, I know you are interested in this conflict, so here is a new chapter to the ongoing saga. 

 

January 25th can become a landmark date for Danish badminton.

This is the ultimate deadline that Badminton Denmark has given the players to sign the individual agreements if they will be part of the elite program until 1st of July 2019, explains the leader of Badminton Denmark, Bo Jensen.

- Does that mean you are out of the elite program forever? We have not decided on that yet, but what we have said is that if you have not returned positively before 25th of January, we consider it a rejection of the offer which we have presented, and then you are not included in our plans, Bo Jensen explains. 

During the summer of 2019, Badminton Denmark will review the future plans for the elite program, as it takes place every year, explains Bo Jensen.

 

The offer sent to the players is no longer negotiable.

- We have been discussing for two years, more than two years in fact, and we feel that we have now reached a point where some clarification must be taken, says Bo Jensen.

- Much of what we have presented is, in many areas, a continuation of existing practice. We have also accommodated the players in several areas, so it is relatively simple to relate to.

 

If the players do not put their signature on the agreements that Badminton Denmark has offered, it could affect Danish badminton in the short term.

- It is logical that if the current players, collectively or a majority of them, do not accept the offer, then it is the second best players who get the offer to enter the elite center. In the beginning, of course they will be at an internationally lower level, but all experience shows that we have a history of developing players to an international level in a relatively short time. So it may well be that in a year's time we will see Danish players internationally at a slightly lower level than we have been used to for the past many years. But we have developed world champions before, and we will do so in the future, Bo Jensen says. 

 

Badminton Denmark has aligned with Team Denmark, which every year sends millions to the elite program, that the international level of Danish Badminton could take a dive in the coming years. 

- Of course, we have an ongoing dialogue with Team Denmark on the consequences for our entire elite program, but Team Denmark is 100% behind Badminton Denmark's position. If it gets a direct impact on the support in the future, I can't say yet, adds Bo Jensen.

 

So basically Denmark is using conservative Asian ways, while some Asian countries started to leave the strict sponsorship/commercial agreements for national team players. Interesting.

 

Earlier, Steen Pedersen also tweeted some possible lineups for mixed team Championships (for EMTC and maybe Sudirman), but I found out some of the players such as Kim Bruun and Julie Finne-Ipsen were also part of the group who rejects the agreement.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Griff88

 It looks like a huge crisis for Danish badminton has been averted. :clap:

The players and Badminton Denmark have reached an agreement on a new deal, confirms Badminton Denmark. The new deal still has to be approved by all members on each side later today, so further information will be announced in the coming hours. 

 

Update with comments from both sides:

The players spokesman, Hans-Kristian Vittinghus, is pleased that there is now a clear deal.

- After a long negotiation process, we are very pleased that we have finally reached the goal of a new collective national team deal, which has always been the wish of the players. With the new deal, we have created a clear framework in the commercial area, so that both Badminton Denmark and we, the players, have good opportunities to exploit our commercial rights together and separately. At the same time, we, the players, have been assured that the collaboration on training and tournament participation will continue as before, says Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

 

In 2018, Badminton Denmark terminated the previous national team deal, which both parties felt needed a clarification.

Bo Jensen believes that this goal has been met.

- We have reached an agreement on a much more clear and precise description of in what situations and in what way we can use each other's commercial rights in connection with national team sponsorships. It has been crucial for us to get an agreement text, where the players do not risk getting into a breach of contract in relation to their individual agreements, says the director.

 

According to the players 'union, the Danish Elite Sports Practitioners Association, the agreement ensures Badminton Denmark better opportunities "to use the players' commercial rights within some clearly defined framework".

At the same time, there is an agreement that the players achieve a more flexible solution in relation to their own sponsors.

In addition, players will in the future be covered by work injury insurance, which is signed by Badminton Denmark.

 

Edited by wumo26
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2019 at 17:20, wumo26 said:

@Griff88

 It looks like a huge crisis for Danish badminton has been averted. :clap:

The players and Badminton Denmark have reached an agreement on a new deal, confirms Badminton Denmark. The new deal still has to be approved by all members on each side later today, so further information will be announced in the coming hours. 

 

Update with comments from both sides:

The players spokesman, Hans-Kristian Vittinghus, is pleased that there is now a clear deal.

- After a long negotiation process, we are very pleased that we have finally reached the goal of a new collective national team deal, which has always been the wish of the players. With the new deal, we have created a clear framework in the commercial area, so that both Badminton Denmark and we, the players, have good opportunities to exploit our commercial rights together and separately. At the same time, we, the players, have been assured that the collaboration on training and tournament participation will continue as before, says Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

 

In 2018, Badminton Denmark terminated the previous national team deal, which both parties felt needed a clarification.

Bo Jensen believes that this goal has been met.

- We have reached an agreement on a much more clear and precise description of in what situations and in what way we can use each other's commercial rights in connection with national team sponsorships. It has been crucial for us to get an agreement text, where the players do not risk getting into a breach of contract in relation to their individual agreements, says the director.

 

According to the players 'union, the Danish Elite Sports Practitioners Association, the agreement ensures Badminton Denmark better opportunities "to use the players' commercial rights within some clearly defined framework".

At the same time, there is an agreement that the players achieve a more flexible solution in relation to their own sponsors.

In addition, players will in the future be covered by work injury insurance, which is signed by Badminton Denmark.

 

And in Indonesia people thought it was because of Antonsen winning the Indonesian Masters :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

And in Indonesia people thought it was because of Antonsen winning the Indonesian Masters :P

 

Yeah... it probably had more to do with the upcoming European Mixed Team Championship in Denmark. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read some bad news saying that Mia Blichfieldt is out from the national team. Looks like she is the first person to sign the agreement but somehow the Danish badminton association did not want her to be part of the national team anymore.

 

Worse still I read news about Bo Jensen who had altered the content of the YONEX sponsorship agreement that has been signed by all the Danish players sponsored by YONEX. Now the person in charge about it in YONEX is very angry of course.

 

Well I just want to know whether the news above is true? Has it escalated to such situation now? @wumo26

Edited by up and down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, up and down said:

I read some bad news saying that Mia Blichfieldt is out from the national team. Looks like she is the first person to sign the agreement but somehow the Danish badminton association did not want her to be part of the national team anymore.

 

Worse still I read news about Bo Jensen who had altered the content of the YONEX sponsorship agreement that has been signed by all the Danish players sponsored by YONEX. Now the person in charge about it in YONEX is very angry of course.

Mia Blichfeldt is still part of the national team. It seems that the conflict is a closed chapter for the players, and they will try to look forward.

Hans-Kristian Vittinghus, who was the player's spokesman during the conflict, also encourages everyone to look forward. He said at a meeting before the first training after the conflict, that the players agreed on this. 

- The ladies singles need Mia because she is one of the very best we have here at home, and Mia also needs the others, so it is stupid if there is someone bearing a grudge over something that happened during the conflict.

 

The news about Bo Jensen is true, but Badminton Denmark still has full confidence in him.

 

Edited by wumo26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...