website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

You're not gonna give up on me and the 50k after Toth finishes his career, are you? I want someone to march down to IAAF's office with, torchesandpitchforks.gif 

56 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Sing me up 

Sing me up too

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

They even dragged Korzeniowski's name into this shitshow. 10k race walk for men? Hell, that's pure BS. This equality thing is total BS. But I get it, nobody cares about race walking anyway so one should feel happy it's still there in the OG programme.

But not nearly as bad as destroying the 50k. This is bad for women's race walking too, after a very long fight they finally got the 50k as well...and while women are starting to change towards that, they destroy the whole thing :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yaroslava Mahuchikh refused from taking part in major senior events and she will stick to her age group.

Women's high jump at the National Indoors Championships.

1. Yulia Levchenko - 1.97

2. Iryna Herashchenko - 1.97 (she found her mojo back :d )

3. Kateryna Tabashnyk - 1.97 (she almost cleared 2.01 twice)

Yuliya Chumachenko almost had 1.95 (the bar fell in the last moment).

Oleksandr Sokolov from my city :cool: won men's 60m (6.68).

ps. As for 50km drama - Start the riots! IAAF became 1 huge circus :lol:

Edited by Xander

Rumor has it that Tokyo 2020 and the IOC/IAAF are considering moving more athletics events to the Morning Session. People seem to think they’re caving in to NBC’s demands again.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, well, that figures. One TV station dictates the world what to do. They'll probably do so with the swimming too?

Already did

And people wonder why the US is so dominant in swimming and athletics ...

First they got rid of russia in athletics and now they force the whole world to adapt to their biorhythm.

I think its a great idea to modify the race walking program, 50 km race walking has always been one of the most boring/unnecessary events of the games. The best solution in my opinion would be to only have womens 20 km race walking and mens 20 km race walking.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 hours ago, Xander said:

ps. As for 50km drama - Start the riots! IAAF became 1 huge circus :lol:

IAAF doesn't want exciting stuff :d 

I mean, who cares that the 50km is almost all the time one of the most exciting events not just in athletics, but in the entire Olympic program, in terms of lead changes, fights for positions, drama during the race, spontaneous diarrhea, and so on. Boring events are much better!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!