website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, dcro said:

I can't. :facepalm:

I'm actually fine with it for a relay-only event like the World Relays, as long as they don't try and put stuff like a 2x4x3,5x236m hurdlesx562m on the Olympic program.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Honestly, if they want to keep experimenting with various events, an athletics elimination race would be an interesting sight to see :) I wouldn't even mind if it went Olympic, cause it would combine both endurance and the ability to sprint.

And probably would make me feel a bit more invested than 10000m. races.

7 hours ago, Werloc said:

Honestly, if they want to keep experimenting with various events, an athletics elimination race would be an interesting sight to see :) I wouldn't even mind if it went Olympic, cause it would combine both endurance and the ability to sprint.

And probably would make me feel a bit more invested than 10000m. races.

I agree. I wouldn’t mind see a Team Sprint/Pursuit tried either. Or even a points race, just to see how people would race it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I agree. I wouldn’t mind see a Team Sprint/Pursuit tried either. Or even a points race, just to see how people would race it.

You might take Cycling out of Athletics, but you can't take Athletics out of Track :d