website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

Just now, heywoodu said:

Wow! You can put that down as one of the performances of the year :yikes: 

Too bad the video doesn't really show the attempt apart from replays and her reaction :( 

I think this video shows her attempt better

5 hours ago, dcro said:

22m is such inflated mark these days. :p

I think it comes to the Europeans mastering the rotational technique which used to be USA's calling card for years. I guess some study must show it's more effective and let's face it, it's all about technique in the shot, not about raw power. David Storl is just about the only top European still using the push off and he's basically in decline for a while now. Polish guys didn't use the rotational due to the historical aspect of Wladyslaw Komar & Edward Sarul not to mention small, bulky guys like Haratyk didn't stand a chance to even make the shot put team.

Really sad to hear about the polish guy. He was caught before and shouldn't be allowed to compete. I really hope that he will never (again) win anything, although even that wouldn't be a consolation for all the people he has already stolen from. If guess if officials keep handling his doping samples the same way in the future, then he sadly has nothing to fear. Some nations/athletes just don't have any shame. It is a crazy thing to say, but in my opinion even Romani is less suspicious than the polish guy.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really sad to hear about the polish guy. He was caught before and shouldn't be allowed to compete. I really hope that he will never (again) win anything, although even that wouldn't be a consolation for all the people he has already stolen from. If guess if officials keep handling his doping samples the same way in the future, then he sadly has nothing to fear. Some nations/athletes just don't have any shame. It is a crazy thing to say, but in my opinion even Romani is less suspicious than the polish guy.

As long as DDR records are allowed to stand it's pretty rich that any German calls out other nations on doping allegations :lol:  Geez, Germany calling out people on doping standards. That's hogwash.

Just now, Monzanator said:

As long as DDR records are allowed to stand it's pretty rich that any German calls out other nations on doping allegations :lol:  Geez, Germany calling out people on doping standards. That's hogwash.

Don'nt know exactly what was wrong with Bukowiecki but your answer is really awkward and - sorry - stupid. Because I am from Germany, I am forbidden to comment on doping cases? The GDR records are obviously from the 80's and NOONE here in Germany is happy that these records still stand as it is compoletely proven that nearly all East German athletes in 70's and 80's were doped starting in their youth (however, GDR were not the only one's in 80's but presumely the most effective)