website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

Just saw the ISTAF result now, but 12.72 for Nadine Visser is impressive in the hurdles, only 0,01 shy of her own NR :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

a small gossip from behind our boarders, because why not ? :d

Arguably the best ever javelin thrower in history and not only of Czechoslovakia and Czech Republic Ján Železný got married yesterdy with his 27 years younger girlfriend another czech javelin thrower Andrea Drápalová, Železný is ofc her long time coach and now also husband.

The wedding, how else, was held on the athletics stadium.

So much potential for bad javelin jokes there.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Who wants to get mad?

10-15 tweets later all of my anger is gone :d. Don’t fuck with the Athletics community, you sure as hell won’t be able to out run us.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Who wants to get mad?

Florida State University with the comeback of the year:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Monzanator said:

Kellerman's been saying Tom Brady fell off the cliff for three years and the Patriots made the Super Bowl all three years including two wins. Kellerman is a complete douchebag if you ask me. Wouldn't pay him to cut my lawn :thumbdown:

Also, he’s a well known racist, so there’s that. People almost boycotted ESPN over some of his remarks last year.

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Oh there are a lot of great tweets.  From all kinds of athletes. 

I wrote him some great ones. I’d love if he’d take me up on my offer to beat his ass in a 5km. The Athletics community is close-knit, we look after our own, and don’t take kindly to being attacked.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Also, he’s a well known racist, so there’s that. People almost boycotted ESPN over some of his remarks last year.

I don't know that, I watch some of these clips on YT but mostly because of Stephen A. Smith who's like usually around Kellerman. What's the racist knock on him? If it was serious enough they'd have fired him though?