website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

Just now, heywoodu said:

How did you think the relatively strong performances of late were funded? :banana: 

I see they know no fear... :S It was the biggest amount of drug police caught at the Sziget fesztivál. Ever. :facepalm:On day 0... Even printing flyers with price list. Idiots.

Just now, GoHungary! said:

I see they know no fear... :S It was the biggest amount of drug police caught at the Sziget fesztivál. Ever. :facepalm:On day 0... Even printing flyers with price list. Idiots.

One can hardly find the words to describe how stupid this whole thing was :lol: 

I mean. Holy fuck.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Bouwmeester and his mate apparently had a van with them in which police found 4000 (!) XTC pills and 15kg of marijuana :facepalm:

Lifelong imprisonment is apparently an option. @Vektor How would morons like this usually be punished in Hungary, we're all assuming they're going behind bars for a very long time..

Probably not for that long. I mean, Péter Farkas (Wrestling Olympic champion in 1992) "only" got 5 and a half years in 2008 for having the biggest marijuana plantation in Hungary... after which he became a fugitive, but that's a different story. :d

2 hours ago, GoHungary! said:

Even printing flyers with price list. Idiots.

Which is published by Dutch NOS.

2048x1152.jpg

It even still has his phone number, in case you'd like to place an order :)@Olympian1010

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Isn't like weed legal in Netherlands anyway? :mumble: I mean you can buy this stuff in drugs stores or "coffee shops"? :coffee:

:finger: 

It's not legal, but it's tolerated as long as you have less than 5 grams on you for personal use. Coffee shops here aren't allowed to sell more than 5 grams per person per day and cannot have a trade stock of more than 500 grams.

Coffee shops can be prosecuted if they do not meet strict standards. People having more than 5 grams on them and/or partaking in illegal trade get a fine and/or a prison sentence. Hard drugs are always illegal.

So yeah, this would also be very illegal over here too. :evil:

14 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

He's not the brightest athlete?

Much like for Madiea Ghafoor, I think recent developments are pretty much evidence of that, yes.

Watching the Morton Games from Dublin.  They’d put on a mixed 4x400 to try to get some Doha times registered. Dutch 400m runner (think it was LeeMarvin Bonificia) led off and forgot to carry the baton!  :facepalm: Don’t know how he did it, presumably he’d been given one and had put it down when taking off his kit.

Obviously drug problems in Dutch Athletics go deeper than we thought. :d

Edited by Grassmarket