website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Just want to point this will not be cancelled in the appeal because this was the appeal.

It's possible she takes it to a different court but that decision may only apply to the country the court is based.

Like Zubkov, the bobsleigh driver, being officially the 2014 Olympic champion in Russia but not in the rest of the world

there's more than that...

CAS decisions are subject to the Swiss Civil Court...if someone appeals a CAS decision in front of the SCC, then the consequential ruling must be ratified in the entire world, not only Switzerland...:evil:

p.s. the Court for Human Rights can judge all they want, but it's not officially recognized by most Countries in the World (USA included), therefore their pronounciations can't overrule CAS decisions (it's the same for the International Justice Court, which can't judge citizens of Nations not officially supporting it...or, better they can judge them, but their ruling has absolutely no effect on their lives)...

Edited by phelps

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That is why, there are only 3 logical options:

1) Compete with the men

2) Allow performance enhancing in sport

3) Choose another career 

Yes, i agree. 3rd option should be best one, she has 2 golds at OG, now its time for something else.

Those masculine types of women athletes like her, Wambui and others...it has to stop. They can be whatever they want, but they are having huge advantage over others. And thats it.

I doubt that her race wont be argument for her appeal. Plus, transgender organisations and so on...

This case started as sport case but it will end as usual...mumbo jumbo about democracy, human rights and so on...

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

East Africa dominates middle distance running anyway. There is no equality in sports and performance has paramount value. You're talking politics which should be removed from sport under all circumstances.

Sports is the ultimate playing field for politics 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

No real chance because men will dominate all the "open" categories anyway. Even women with a higher testosterone level will stand no chance against biological men :p This much is pretty obvious :)

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Only if they start allowing animal sports as well. Throw a referee in there and let the roosters fight. :redcard: 

With the changing gender standards it’s bound to happen at one point or another.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Define who would compete in the "open" category

Transgender athletes, Intersex Athletes, and Para athletes who opt in

24 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yes, i agree. 3rd option should be best one, she has 2 golds at OG, now its time for something else.

Those masculine types of women athletes like her, Wambui and others...it has to stop. They can be whatever they want, but they are having huge advantage over others. And thats it.

I doubt that her race wont be argument for her appeal. Plus, transgender organisations and so on...

This case started as sport case but it will end as usual...mumbo jumbo about democracy, human rights and so on...

So how would you feel if this was happening to a Serbian (my bad, I’m really sorry I thought you were from Montenegro, but I thought you weren’t). So if it was happening to a Montenegrin?

Edited by Olympian1010

1 час назад, ChandlerMne сказал:

So,for some of you its normal to have her competing with testosterone level around 10,15 or even higher with other girls with testosterone level of 2,3 or 5? And knowing what testosterone is, how it works and knowing that its also a doping? Wow. :wacko:

Has IAAF added field events to that rule? Women with high levels of testosterone got 3 times bigger advantage in Hammer Throw than in 800m. Otherwise it's even more uglier :wacko: and obviously aimed at particular athletes rather than fighting for clean sports.

46 минут назад, bestmen сказал:

according to you so the asian athletes should be ban from Judo/Karate/Table tennis/Badminton ? 

Thankfully I'm not a racist or homophobe :cool: Asians from those sports are admired in ex-USSR. Football and athletics walk hand-in-hand in racist department here, especially if you're black.

Edited by Xander

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So how would you feel if this was happening to a Serbian (my bad, I’m really sorry I thought you were from Montenegro, but I thought you weren’t). So if it was happening to a Montenegrin?

Yes, i am from Montenegro.

I would feel exactly the same. Principle is same, nation is of no importance here. 

6 minutes ago, Xander said:

Has IAAF added field events to that rule? Women with high levels of testosterone got 3 times bigger advantage in Hammer Throw than in 800m. Otherwise it's even more uglier :wacko: and obviously aimed at particular athletes rather than fighting for clean sports.

IAAF only emphasised 400-1500 m. Dont know why. It should extend to all track and field events.

So, yes, i agree with you.