website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

Just now, heywoodu said:

If I'm gonna start with this I will have to give up sleeping and eating probably, I'm already 15 hours per day short as it is :p 

don't tell me...

and what you see right now it's a good restyling and a significative price drop if compared just to last week (the yearly fee used to be 120 US $, the monthly fee used to be 22 US $/month)...

basically they're trying to get me back with them at all costs...but they won't have me until the new college football season starts in September...:whistle::rofl:

I hope they pull this through and keep the 20/50 distances. Let's make no mistake, this is driven by the TV deals. They don't want to waste 4 hours of TV window for race walking. They kicked them out of the stadiums for the finish section not to interfere with some random morning heats sessions already and now they want to make the event even more obscure than it is already.

While true, I don't see how having a 10km race instead of 50km will get more people to watch it. Most nations don't show race walk unless they have an entrant that is expected to do well or they just want to eat up TV time while waiting for other events to begin.

At this point they might as well revert to 3km and 5km races and keep them on the track.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I hope they pull this through and keep the 20/50 distances. Let's make no mistake, this is driven by the TV deals. They don't want to waste 4 hours of TV window for race walking. They kicked them out of the stadiums for the finish section not to interfere with some random morning heats sessions already and now they want to make the event even more obscure than it is already.

And so we need 30k instead of 50k! 30k will pull in massive numbers of new viewers and save race walking!

/sarcasm

IAAF :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

2021 cross country worlds will be held at/around the legendary, epic Mount Panorama race track in Bathurst, Australia :hyper:

https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-cross-country-championships/news/2021-world-cross-country-bathurst-australia

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The selection had been known since March 3rd but the visa application was only filed on March 19th

What kind of amateurs are responsible for that? :facepalm: