website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

7 ore fa, Monzanator ha scritto:

Yeah, well, that figures. One TV station dictates the world what to do. They'll probably do so with the swimming too?

Swimming, Freestyle BMX & Skateboarding already have been scheduled according to NBC's desires (at about 10 /10.30 a.m. Tokyo time)...:evil:

Athletics being next is no surprise...

the only sport the Japanese guys have put total veto on is Gymnastics...that will stay in the Japanese prime time (6/7 p.m. local time)...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

Swimming, Freestyle BMX & Skateboarding already have been scheduled according to NBC's desires (at about 10 /10.30 a.m. Tokyo time)...:evil:

Athletics being next is no surprise...

the only sport the Japanese guys have put total veto on is Gymnastics...that will stay in the Japanese prime time (6/7 p.m. local time)...

Oh well, the big fans will take vacation from work and change their rhythm's anyway to still watch it, while the athletes know the competitions times more than a year before and so also have all the time in the world to prepare for competing in the morning or whatever. I hate TV stations controlling the starting times like this, but we shouldn't make it a bigger deal than it is in terms of outcomes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Oh well, the big fans will take vacation from work and change their rhythm's anyway to still watch it, while the athletes know the competitions times more than a year before and so also have all the time in the world to prepare for competing in the morning or whatever. I hate TV stations controlling the starting times like this, but we shouldn't make it a bigger deal than it is in terms of outcomes.

I guess you quoted the wrong post...:mumble:

even if I don't like this kind of arrogance shown by NBC, I never wrote that's a problem to me...

for the Olympic games, I'm taking 2+ weeks off since Barcelona 1992...and it's not gonna change this time, too...;)

Edited by phelps

Again, European stations did the same for Pyeongchang (ski jumping, biathlon, luge, nordic combined... all being held at unusual times for the athletes) and will do the same in Tokyo with a bunch of events scheduled for the evening hours (including equestrian for example). Blaming all your problems on NBC is just childish.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Again, European stations did the same for Pyeongchang

Which is just as annoying :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Again, European stations did the same for Pyeongchang (ski jumping, biathlon, luge, nordic combined... all being held at unusual times for the athletes) and will do the same in Tokyo with a bunch of events scheduled for the evening hours (including equestrian for example). Blaming all your problems on NBC is just childish.

NBC started the trend though so they are the ones to blame.

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

And people wonder why the US is so dominant in swimming and athletics ...

First they got rid of russia in athletics and now they force the whole world to adapt to their biorhythm.

I think its a great idea to modify the race walking program, 50 km race walking has always been one of the most boring/unnecessary events of the games. The best solution in my opinion would be to only have womens 20 km race walking and mens 20 km race walking.

20 km for men will definitely suit the Latin American walkers which usually did better in 20k than 50k. Besides it's all about TV, 4 hours time frame for 50k walk probably drove everyone nuts. Olympics are just a TV puppet now. I wonder when will they remove the marathon from OG next?

Naoto Tobe 233 and Maria Lasitskene 200 won today the Bánskobystrická High Jump latka 2019

M results https://www.hrdosport.sk/Online/341

W results https://www.hrdosport.sk/Online?CompetitionId=341&DisciplineListId=16991&DisciplineCode=5&Code=