website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

So after Denmark the other team that can probably say goodbye to their Olympic dreams is us. I can't see Sweden beating the better German team when they are already at the OQT and Germany needs that win to survive. 

Sweden has nothing to lose but something to win in the final game. Best case, they beat Germany and have the easier qualification tournament. Worst case, they still have a second chance in spring. For us it's all or nothing. This could be bigger Motivation but also more pressure than Sweden has.

hace 2 minutos, Vektor dijo:

So after Denmark the other team that can probably say goodbye to their Olympic dreams is us. I can't see Sweden beating the better German team when they are already at the OQT and Germany needs that win to survive. 

But don't forget that winning that match means a very easy OQT, so it is also a very important match for Sweden.

OQT tournaments:

Group 1

WCh 2nd - :NOR / :RUS / :NED / :ESP 

WCh 7th - :GER / :SWE 

:ARG 

:SEN 

Group 2

WCh 3rd - :NOR / :RUS / :NED / :ESP 

WCh 6th - :SRB / :MNE 

Europe2 - :SWE / :HUN 

:CHN 

Group 3

WCh 4th - :NOR / :RUS / :NED / :ESP 

WCh 5th - :SRB / :MNE 

:ROU 

:PRK 

The Dutch semi-final streak continues:

1. 2015 World Championships - Silver medal
  2. 2016 Olympic Games - 4th place
  3. 2016 European Championships - Silver medal
  4. 2017 World Championships - Bronze medal
  5. 2018 European Championships - Bronze medal
  6. 2019 World Championships - at least the semi-finals

Prior to 2015 we never even made it to the semi-finals. 2016 was also the very first Olympics we qualified for.

Well, at least the Hungarian Federation can't make any excuses to keep Rasmussen. We are paying him a lot of money and our results are worse than ever despite the country spending an insane amount of money on handball, even compared to most of the other top nations. We need to make some changes because I am pretty sure Hungarian handball will completely miss the Olympics again for the second time in a row. (I mean, even now before that 7th place match the women's team has a better chance. The men's team has absolutely no chance whatsoever to qualify.)