website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

To anyone who wants to reach the Top6 to have a secured place at the OQT: the 7th place match is basically the same as an OQT. You either play two matches against European teams at the OQT, or you play one match against an European team for the 7th place here to qualify for Tokyo. So yeah, it might seem weird at first, but there really isn't much advantages to get 5th/6th today in the Main round over getting 7th place later. 

Edited by Vektor

il y a 2 minutes, Vektor a dit :

To anyone who wants to reach the Top6 to have a secured place at the OQT: the 7th place is basically the same as an OQT. You either play two matches against European teams at the OQT, or you play one match against an European team for the 7th place here to qualify for Tokyo. So yeah, it might seem weird at first, but there really isn't much advantages to get 5th/6th today in the Main round over getting 7th place later. 

Hungary has the European ticket with Romania for tqo?

Edited by Benolympique

btw, IHF needs to reform their qualification system somehow because it looks weird this way

WCH

1st - direct qualification

2nd - basically direct qualification

3rd/4th - two Olympic qualification matches against European teams at HOME (playing at home is the only reason why this is better than finishing below)

5th/6th - two Olympic qualification matches against European teams

7th - basically direct qualification 

Obviously this wouldn't be the case if Europe wouldn't dominate the sport. Personally I think having two 6 teams tournaments would solve this quite easily.

Group 1: WCh 2nd, WCh 5th, WCh 7th, Europe1, Asia2, America

Group 2: WCh 3rd, WCh 4th, WCh 6th, Europe2, Asia1, Africa

Equal number of European teams in each groups, looks a lot more fair than what we got now. 

Edited by Vektor

Now I could accept a draw :p 

8kbAr9p.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The victory with Romania is the 2nd for Japan against an European nation in world cup history, after they beat Montenegro in 2017. Also this is the most shameful world championship for Romania ever and the olympic qualifying tournament looks terrible for us. 

15 minutes ago, Vektor said:

btw, IHF needs to reform their qualification system somehow because it looks weird this way

WCH

1st - direct qualification

2nd - basically direct qualification

3rd/4th - two Olympic qualification matches against European teams at HOME (playing at home is the only reason why this is better than finishing below)

5th/6th - two Olympic qualification matches against European teams

7th - basically direct qualification 

Obviously this wouldn't be the case if Europe wouldn't dominate the sport. Personally I think having two 6 teams tournaments would solve this quite easily.

Group 1: WCh 2nd, WCh 5th, WCh 7th, Europe1, Asia2, America

Group 2: WCh 3rd, WCh 4th, WCh 6th, Europe2, Asia1, Africa

Equal number of European teams in each groups, looks a lot more fair than what we got now. 

I agree this system would be much more fair than the current. 

What do you think about hosting rights for the two groups? I personally thinks the two nations with the lowest combined sum of their places from the WCH and continental championships should receive the rights to host one group each. (WCH + Cont. = Score) High/top places equals low score. Let's say the Netherlands and Norway end up with the two lowest combined scores. They would have the hosting rights for one group each. If the Netherlands choose to decline as host, then the nation with the second lowest combined score in the group is asked if they want to host the group. 

In my opinion, it could also be a good idea if the two nations with the lowest combined score could choose which team they would be in group with. If we continue with our example and say the Netherlands has the lowest combined score. The Netherlands would choose a nation first for its group. Norway would then choose a nation for its group. The Netherlands then choose the next nation and so forth until both groups are complete. This way a nation like the Netherlands, who maybe don't want to host such an event, can still benefit by choosing the nations in its group. 

4 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I agree this system would be much more fair than the current. 

What do you think about hosting rights for the two groups? I personally thinks the two nations with the lowest combined sum of their places from the WCH and continental championships should receive the rights to host one group each. (WCH + Cont. = Score) High/top places equals low score. Let's say the Netherlands and Norway end up with the two lowest combined scores. They would have the hosting rights for one group each. If the Netherlands choose to decline as host, then the nation with the second lowest combined score in the group is asked if they want to host the group. 

In my opinion, it could also be a good idea if the two nations with the lowest combined score could choose which team they would be in group with. If we continue with our example and say the Netherlands has the lowest combined score. The Netherlands would choose a nation first for its group. Norway would then choose a nation for its group. The Netherlands then choose the next nation and so forth until both groups are complete. This way a nation like the Netherlands, who maybe don't want to host such an event, can still benefit by choosing the nations in its group. 

Yeah, choosing the host based on more than one events would probably be better. 

Sadly, I think IHF will always prefer 4 teams tournaments over the ones that have 6 teams playing for one whole week, because they are simply cheaper.