website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

Surprisingly dominant performance by Germany against the Netherlands today, Henk Groener is really doing an amazing job. I think a major reason why the Netherlands are so amazing in team sports (at least on the womens side) is that they have great coaches, Germany could learn a lot from them. It is kind of sad that Germany needs to hire a dutch coach to play successful handball again ...

I think with one more win (hopefully against Serbia) Germany should be guaranteed at least the 3rd place in this group and the 6th place overall, but maybe this team can keep overperforming and qualify for the olympics right here, although of course Germany wouldn't be the favorite in a possible semifinal/final. I think there arent many team sports (on the womens side) where it is realistic for the reigning world (and european) champion to not even make the top 12 at world championships, but i am not sure whether this is a sign that the overall level in womens handball is very high?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Sweden completely destroyed us on the 2nd half and they managed to draw with one player less. It's a pity we didn't win this math considering we were 8 up, but it's still incredible that our team is competing against more talented teams. Good job, Guerreras!

I have to tell you, it's strange to root for some very specific teams (NED, NOR, SWE, ROU, RUS) just to get that OQT spot for us, which we don't deserve at all. What we need now is Netherlands to beat Denmark in the next round, that will be a really important match for us. Meanwhile we will play against France for the 13th place and I couldn't give less shit about that match. :d

4 uur geleden, Vektor zei:

I have to tell you, it's strange to root for some very specific teams (NED, NOR, SWE, ROU, RUS) just to get that OQT spot for us, which we don't deserve at all. What we need now is Netherlands to beat Denmark in the next round, that will be a really important match for us. Meanwhile we will play against France for the 13th place and I couldn't give less shit about that match. :d

Despite :NED is already assured of the OQT, I still hope we will finish top 4, because that gives us the right to host the OQT. We definitely need two wins out of two matches, otherwise it's impossible to finish ahead :NOR and :GER . So @Vektor, I will cheer with you for the Netherlands :-)