website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

5 hours ago, vlad said:

We lead 21-17 Montenegro with 10 minutes to go and we lost 27-26:yikes::facepalm:How the hell we lost this match, damn it?

I hope you lose the last Match too. Other grops have only 2 European teams, this one has 4, so one of them Will be sadly eliminated.

6 uur geleden, Pifta zei:

I hope you lose the last Match too. Other grops have only 2 European teams, this one has 4, so one of them Will be sadly eliminated.

Japan had the right to choose a group. They decided to place themselves in group D with only two European countries, which means Japan chose a place in the main round. Therefore group A and C have 4 European countries. But still I think group B is the thoughest.

Let's see if the Dutch can manage to find their groove and give Serbia a more than difficult time :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Didn't expect this victory over Serbia. :NED is now safe and will go through to the main round.

For the Dutch a lot depends on the match between :SRB and :SLO tomorrow. If :SRB wins, then :NED will go through to the next round with 2 points, otherwise with zero, because it's not realistic to think that the Dutch will win against :NOR tomorrow. They've never won against the Norwegians.

So if everything goes as expected, this is how the Main round would look like...

Group I

:NOR  (ECh 5th)

:NED (ECh 3rd)

:SRB (ECh 11th)

:KOR (already qualified for the Olympics)

:GER (ECh 10th)

:FRA (already qualified for the Olympics)

Group II

:ESP (ECh 12th)

:MNE (ECh 9th)

:ROU (ECh 4th)

:RUS (ECh 2nd)

:SWE (ECh 6th)

:JPN 

One of these (I am guessing European) teams will qualify with the WCh gold, or if France wins, Russia will qualify with their ECh 2nd place. Which means that we have 8 European teams for the 6 OQT spots (I kinda doubt that Japan will reach the Top8). I guess Hungary still has a chance even if we don't reach the Top12 here with out ECh 7th place if the 4 teams who finished behind us there won't take more than two OQT spots here.

The only bigger handball nation who can already be pretty much eliminated from the Olympic qualification after the group stage is Denmark, if they won't beat France. 

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Benolympique said:

and denmark I want them to qualify for tokyo

They are in a terrible situation with their ECh 8th place and likely elimination at the WCh group stage. They have to beat France to survive and that's not an easy task to say the least. 

il y a 2 minutes, Vektor a dit :

They are in a terrible situation with their ECh 8th place and likely elimination at the WCh group stage. They have to beat France to survive and that's not an easy task to say the least. 

I hope with all my heart that Denmark will beat France, and anyway the French are of a low level this year

:ESP 27-26 :MNE

5th victory for las Guerreras and the team advances to the Main Round with 4 points, so we are very close to qualify for the OQT. :cheer:

It's incredible that a team with such poor technical level compared to other teams have options to qualify for the semifinals without Carmen Martín, but the strongest point of this team is the competitiveness.