website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

Acum 8 minute, VolleyRuller96 a spus:

And France beat Australia 46-7... this has to be one of the biggest margin of defeat in the history, right?

This is the 6th biggest margin in world championship history. Actually in top 7 largest defeats, Australia suffered 6 of them:lol: (and Thailand once). See below:

Hungary      57–9     Australia           2005
Sweden     66–21     Australia          2009
Austria     52–11     Thailand            2009
Russia     48–8     Australia              2009
Angola     47–8     Australia              2005
France     46–7     Australia              2019
Netherlands  53–15  Australia          2011

Acum 36 minute, Pifta a spus:

There never was a handball match when a team failed to score a goal (at any level)?

I've searched few minutes ago but I didn't found anything about this. I guess it never happened that one team to not score at least 1 goal. Australia seems to be very close to this negative record in each world championship:lol:

There is a realistic chance :ANG will go through to the next round:

• :NED still has to play against :SRB and :NOR . With the way the Dutch have been playing so far, I expect two losses, resulting in a total of 4 points for the Dutch team.
  • :SLO still has to play :CUB and :SRB. :SLO will win against :CUB, but :SRB should be too strong. In that case Slovenia will also end up with a total of 4 points.
  • :ANG plays against :CUB and :NOR In case they win against :CUB and lose against :NOR Angola will also finish the group stage with 4 points.

:ANG has the best head to head against :SLO and :NED and will finish in 3rd in that case.

20 hours ago, Pifta said:

There never was a handball match when a team failed to score a goal (at any level)?

Once, as far as I know that was the first and still only time: at the 2014 Asian Games, the Japanese women beat the poor Maldives team 79-0. Japan had 82 attempts, so only missed three (which were in fact missed and not stopped by the Maldives goalkeeper, since 79 shots were shots on goal). Maldives surprisingly had 30 attempts, 22 of which were shots on goal, but all of them were blocked by the goalie.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!