website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Unqualified Nations

Just now, Griff88 said:

So an Southeast Asian update...

:SGP qualified in diving

:PHIapparently in athletics (need help to confirm)

http://www.fidal.it/risultati/2019/COD7560/Gara200.htm

That is correct. Ernest John Obiena achieved the Olympic Standard in men's pole vault in Chieti, Italy, with 5.81m. 

https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/philippines/ernest-john-obiena-290722

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not about qualified nations but :MYA Myanmar has the potential to qualify in badminton.

Their best player, Thet Htar Thuzar, is currently 46th in women's singles Olympic ranking and that means she is holding the 27th spot (from provisional 34) as of this week. If she can keep her performance for another 6 month, she can easily qualify.

Edited by Griff88

• 4 weeks later...

BIG UPDATE

I've updated the sports in which nations can qualify in, including remove some which they are no longer possible to qualify in. I've also took into account tripartite invitations. While the invitations can sometimes be a bit random, I tried my best to see which active nations have a chance at getting one.

Fun Facts:

- 12/70 remaining nations only have chances in athletics or athletics+swimming.

- Senegal has the most sports where it has a chance at qualifying in with 11. Behind them are Cameroon, Jordan and Montenegro with 9 each.

- 60/70 remaining nations are eligible to obtain a tripartite invitation. The 10 that aren't includes...

:BOL:CMR:CGO:JOR:MRI:KSA:SEN:TJK:TKM:UAE

Without tripartite invitations the nations that will struggle to qualify many athletes are Bolivia and Republic of Congo as they only have chances in three sports each