website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Unqualified Nations

I don't get the purpose of this thread, isn't there like no chance for a country to not qualify? Unless they simply don't want to participate everyone gets universality. But do we need a thread for maybe 1 or 2 countries? what I mean is, isn't this a bit redundant with the quota thread?

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't get the purpose of this thread

Keeping an eye on where small nations have a chance to qualify someone, whereas in the quota thread all you can do is see "hey, nation X has nobody qualified yet" instead of see "hey, nation X has nobody qualified yet, but they have some chances here and there".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yeah, we're in a bit of a quiet season for Olympic qualification, unsurprisingly. The only thing that has happened since I made this was the men's handball world championship and that only lowered the chances for Iceland and North Macedonia.

The African Road Cycling Championship getting delayed doesn't help things while the African Modern Pentathlon Championship should be an easy qualification for Egypt. Maybe the Shooting World Cup at the end of the month will give us something more to talk about, at least until mid-March when things start to move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Equatorian Guinea (GEQ) have a NOC? It is a women golfer in good position in new ranking

The IGF must have mistaken Ecuador for Equatorial Guinea. At least Daniela Darquea is from Ecuador.